ii

"look over there." ada, my best friend, points across the restaurant at a group of guys. two are on their phones and the rest are shoving food into their mouths.

"they are attractive, aren't they?" she raises an eyebrow.

"stop." i groan and practice some chords for tonight.

"what if they are into music and listen to you?" she pauses. "and they love you?" she squeals.

"chill. they probably don't. they are probably just hanging out." i shake my head.

"it's 8:27!" ada gasps pushing me away from her.

"hey! i have 3 more minuets. what's the rush???" i frown at her.

"go sing and impress those guys." she smirks and goes onto her phone.

"whatever." i roll my eyes and walk up to the stage.

i sit on the stool and tap the microphone to make sure it's on. my tap echoes and the group of guys snap their heads to the stage.

"uh, is hi everyone." i lean on the stool to talk. "you probably know who i am, but i see some new faces so i'll introduce myself." i try to relax. "i'm y/n l/n. i have been playing here ever since i was 10. but anyways, let's start with the first song. this first one is for the ones who need a shoulder to cry on. and this goes to my best friend, ada bells." i grin and start to play the chords.

(never gonna let you down by colbie caillat)

"Low.When you're feeling low
And you just don't know where to run to." I tap my foot.

"Broke. If your heart's been broke. And you feel like you're all alone." i look around the restaurant. some are chatting amongst themselves. others are just smiling at each other.

"If you need something to believe in. If you're looking for a light to guide you home. Just look inside. You're light a shining brighter than you know." i smile at ada, Whose videotaping me.

"You should know, I'm never gonna let you down. I'm always gonna build you up. And when you're feeling lost,
I will always find you love." i send a wink towards ada as she smirks.

"I'm never gonna walk away. I'm always gonna have your back. And if nothing else you can always count on that." i look at her again. she has her phone facing the group of guys.

"When you need me
I promise I will never let you down." i frown as i can see her grin.

"Laugh. I will make you laugh if you ever feel like crying. Close. I will hold you close. You won't be alone anymore." one of the guys winks at her. she has to thank me after this.

"If you need someone to believe in. If you're reaching for a hand to guide you home. Just take my hand and I won't let you go." i smirk as she turns to me with a bright red face.

i finish the song and people clap. ada's being the loudest.

"that's my best friend!" she yells. i just chuckle.

after a few more songs, i decide to do a one direction song, because why not?

"let's welcome ada bells up onto the stage!" i smile as she raises an eyebrow. "well, you coming or not?" i ask her. she gets up excited.

"what are we singing?" she asks.

i cover the mic, "fools gold."

she grins. "perfect. i'll play guitar." she grabs my guitar from me.

"this next one is for people who are falling in love, but the other doesn't return the feeling. we have ada bells on guitar, and me on my vocal chords." i laugh as some others do too.

ada begins to play as i look around. my eyes are met up with brown ones. he quickly looks away as my part is starting soon.

i lean up to the mic, "I'm like a crow on a wire. You're the shining distraction that makes me fly home. I'm like a boat on the water. You're the raise on the waves that calm my mind." i smile at a couple who are happily laughing.

"Oh, every time. And I know in my heart, you're not a constant star."

"And yeah I've let you use me from that day that we first met. But I'm not done yet." i take a breath.

"Falling for you. Fool's gold." my voice goes up as some people look at me. did i go to high? ada nudges my side.

"And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met. But I don't regret, falling for you." i pause. "Fool's gold."

"I'm the first to admit that I'm reckless. I get lost in your beauty and I can't see two feet in front of me."

"And I know in my heart, you're just a moving part." i hold where my heart is.

"And yeah I've let you use me from that day that we first met. But I'm not done yet."

"Falling for you." i close my eyes. "Fool's gold."

"And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met. But I don't regret, falling for you.
Fool's gold."

"Yeah I know your love's not real. That's not the way it feels. That's not the way you feel." i make eye contact with the brown eyed guy again. this time he waves. i wave back and smile.

"And yes I've let you use me from that day that we first met. But I'm not done yet. Falling for you."

"Fool's gold."

"And I knew that you turn it on for everyone you met. But I don't regret falling for you." i look back at him, but he's chatting with his friends.

"fools golds, oh oh oh oh." i hold out the last night as ada finishes her last.

we look at each as several people clap.

"he totally has a crush on you." ada smirks. she saw our awkward whatever it's called.

"i saw you flirting with one too so don't even start." i nudge her side as her face turns bright red.

"finish up your singing. your fries are getting cold."

"aww. i said i didnt want fries, but you got them for me anyways." i bat my eyelashes at her. she rolls her eyes and hands me my guitar back.

 she rolls her eyes and hands me my guitar back