Chapter 16 - Surprises

Kayla POV
A jolt rushed through my body as my alarm clock woke me up. Groggily, getting out of bed and dragging my feet against the carpet of my new room. Yes you heard right, new room. My dad and I worked hard enough to get our own place. A two bedroom apartment.
"Mija! Jaden esta aqui!" My dad yelled.

"Let him up!" I yelled back.

I opened my door and waited patiently for Jaden to come through the door. I stood in front of the mirror, fixing my raunchy hair. My peripheral caught Jaden entering my room. Turning around, he was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers. He handed them to me.

"Here. I know you love sweet pea flowers. And I'm making up for what I did, I'm really sorry Kayla. And I do love you. I do. I don't know what happened to me that day," he explained.

"Jaden, I don't want to relive the past. Look what you wanted was sex. And I was not and still am not ready to give that to you," I replied.

He slowly nodded.

"Get dressed, I'll be in your room, watching tv," he said.

I nodded. I carefully placed the bouquet on top of my dresser and heading into the bathroom.

Jaden POV

As Kayla left her room, I took off my shoes and draped her blankets over me. I clicked the power button and decided to watch The Flash. I was paying attention a lot to how Barry treats Iris. And I feel like I should've done that with Kayla. I huff. Waiting for Kayla to come out, seemed like ages. But finally she came out of the shower and got herself dressed.

"So where are we going exactly?" She asked.

Turning my attention to Kayla.

"It's a surprise," I replied.

She smiled and carefully put on her earrings. Kayla slowly walked over and sat on my lap. That feels good.

"What you doing bae?" I asked without trying to groan. She was moving herself way too much down there. She ignored me and gently rested her head on my chest. I tapped her thigh.

"We gotta go," I said.

She nodded and rolled to the corner of the bed. A weird noise filled my ears. Until I peeked over at Kayla who was reaching for her phone. She put up her finger and excused herself from the room. Leaving me alone, I decided to snoop through her room. Two minutes later, I walk downstairs to look for Kayla. She was talking to the same guy from before. I rushed to the door where they were at.

"Is he bothering you Kayla?" I asked.

"You still with this nigga Kayla?" He snapped back.

"Giovanni, you need to leave," Kayla calmly said.

I slithered my arms around her neck and pulled her closer. Giovanni clenched his hand and stormed away. I pulled away and closed the door.

"Thanks," she said.

I nodded.

"Ill be in the car," I said.

I went to the key rack and grabbed my keys. I kissed her cheek and went to the car.

Kyrah POV

I parked my car in front of Niyah's place. Already annoyed, I beeped the horn twice. 20 seconds later, Niyah comes out with Cam. They both enter the car.

"Hey Kyrah," They both said.

"Hi, where are we going," I asked. 

"We are meeting up with Kayla and Jaden. Wheres Kaelin?" Cam asked.

"He is not coming," I replied.

"Why?" Kyrah asked.

"I really don't want to talk about it," I wiped my tears and sniffed.

"Look if you dont wanna go, We'll drive you back home and catch a cab," Cam offered.

"Just drop me off at home and take my car," I said.

I slowly got out of the driver seat and dragged my feet to the passenger side. Cam sat in the drivers seat and slowly drove to my house.

Jaden POV

"Seriously the mall Jaden?" Kayla said while pouting.

I chuckled.

"Please you love the mall," I assured her.

"Your right. I was just expecting something else," She said while putting her head down.

I smirked and took my finger and pulled her chin up and kissed her.

"Come on, lets go. You're gonna do your nails," I said.

Immediately after I said that, her eyes lit up and she had a stupid smile on her face. Her arms wrapped around my torso and squeezed the life out of me.

"Thank you!" She said.

I interlocked our fingers and we walked in the mall and met up with Cameron and Niyah. We had an amazing mall date.