Goodbye

Duncan's P.O.V.

I still remember the Baudelaires finding me and Isadora in Fowl Fountain at the Village of Fowl Devotees as if it were yesterday.

When they found us, I was extremely happy to see them . I immediately ran out of the fountain to hug them, especially you Violet, you beautiful girl. "You found the poems", I heard Isadora scream as she hugged Klaus tightly. "Yeah", Klaus said, staring at Isadora. "How did you do it?", I heard Violet ask.

As Isadora explained how we got the poems out, I did nothing but stare at Violet. Even though she looked a little dusty, she still managed to look beautiful. I love her so much. I've felt this way ever since I first laid eyes on her. I was beyond happy to be reunited with her again. I just wanted to scream I LOVE YOU to her right there, but I didn't want to say it in front of her siblings and Isadora. As Isadora kept on talking and I kept on staring, I suddenly remembered something. I remembered writing: DQ +VB in the red herring that Count Olaf used to smuggle us out of town. I immediately started talking to Violet once Isadora was finished.

"You didn't happen to see anything written inside", I said almost stuttering. "We didn't have time to examine it closely", Violet said with a big smile on her face. I blushed as I saw her big smile, knowing that she probably did see it. I was about to hug Violet again, until suddenly I heard Sunny yell "Mob".

I could hear a crowd yelling from behind us. They were chanting something, though I am not sure what they said. We all started running in the direction the Baudelaires were leading us. We ended up behind one of the houses, thinking of a way to get out of this Vile Village.
"How are we gonna get out of this place", Isadora said, "It's in the middle of nowhere". "We know a way out", Klaus said, "It's a self-sustaining got air mobile home. If we reach the town borders, we can live in the sky forever".

Forever? What about VFD? What about all the info me and Isadora got? Will we ever know?

I heard a soothing voice as I was thinking. It was Violet's voice. "Jacques was a part of it, that's why he and Count Olaf have the same tattoo", she said fast. I took out my commonplace book to see if any of the facts from The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations could help.

Suddenly, a flash of light hit all of us, almost blinding us. When I got my sight back, a plump lady with a camera stood not too far from us. She seemed to know the Baudelaires, since she yelled their names ask what their thoughts were on this daring escape.We started running, with the Baudelaires knowing she was part of the Daily Punctilio.

"How on Earth were we gonna get past the mob", I thought to myself. We need a distraction I thought quickly. "We need a distraction", I heard Violet say. She was brilliant, but what can we do?

Sunny picked up a carrot and gave it to Violet. Violet looked confused when Sunny gave her the carrot, but Violet was smart, and she through the carrot in the direction of the donkey. While the donkey ran for the carrot, it's cuteness distracted the mob, giving us time to run past them into another hiding spot.

To our dismay, Violet saw the Self-Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home already in the air. What were we gonna do?

As the mob got closer to us, we did nothing but panic. Violet and Klaus panicked even more when Sunny was not in their grasp anymore. "Sunny!", Violet said, almost yelling. Surprisingly, she crawled into the driver's seat of the fire truck that was behind us. She started the truck, and urged us to get in. Could she really drive? I chose not to believe this! A one year old driving! At this point though, with Detective Dupin(Count Olaf) and Officer Luciana(Esme) along with the villagers nearing us, I would believe anything. We all got in the back of the truck as Sunny began to drive recklessly.

She knocked down the fence that we were hiding behind and kept going until we reached the road.

We stopped the truck under the Self-Sustaining Hot Air Mobile Home. As we got out, Violet began yelling for Hector, the person driving the balloon. He heard Violet, and was happy that the Baudelaires made it. "Hope you don't mind a few extra passengers", Violet said to Hector. When Hector said he didn't mind, all these emotions and thoughts kept on filling my mind. I can finally get to tell Violet how I feel! I hope she feels the same way though...

The ladder from the mobile home went down and the ladder from the truck went up. The Baudelaires forced us to go first, but I wanted them to go up first. I wanted to make sure they were all okay, especially Violet. But we didn't have time to argue, as we all saw the mob heading closer to us. Detective Dupin and Officer Luciana were leading the fowl mob.

Me and Isadora were almost to the balloon. We were happy that we're safe, until all of a sudden we felt ourselves jolt down. Officer Luciana was firing a harpoon gun at the balloons. Me and Isadora screamed as we went further down. After Officer Luciana stopped firing for some reason, me and Isadora kept on climbing until we reached the mobile home. We looked down anxiously and nervously for the Baudelaires to climb, but they never did.

"What are you doing!", I yelled to them. I looked up and saw Officer Luciana firing another harpoon, hitting another balloon.

When looked back down at the Baudelaires, Violet yelled, "Hector head higher!".

"No!", Isadora and I both screamed with tears in our eyes."It's the only way you guys will be safe!", Violet yelled half-crying.

"What about you guys! What about VFD!", I yelled with my voice breaking. "We'll be fine, as long as you guys are safe!", I heard Klaus yell. Me and Isadora were almost crying. We both decided to take out our commonplace books to give to the Baudelaires, so they can try and finish the mission we never completed. We dropped them, but they were destroyed by another one of Luciana's harpoons, leaving the Baudelaires with only scraps. I wish there was more me and Isadora could do.

As we went higher and higher into the air, me and Isadora cried as we said...

goodbye.