prologue.

She is back in the game. Playing with fire.

She wanted to show her past that she could do much better, so she agreed to come to the party. But hell, ask god why she went there at first. It reeked of alcohol and sex. She wanted to get out of here as soon as possible but she didn't fulfill her purpose yet.

Grabbing a drink, she goes to the backyard and sips on it while taking a seat on the bench.

"Not enjoying the party?" A familiar voice heard from her behind, making her jump a little as she turns around to the voice. It is Brandon. Brandon Mendes. Boyfriend of her ex-bestfriend.

"Not much." She casually says, leaning back to the bench.

He comes over beside her as he takes a seat without permission.

Dude, that seat is taken by my non-existent dick.

She holds her tongue, taking a sip of her drink.

"You know, it's been awhile. I'm happy to see you again." He says once again, rolling his drink in his hand as he glances at her.

I'd be happy to see me, too.

"How's it going with Evangeline? Haven't seen her around."

"She couldn't make it. Her brother found out about us, so it's hard for her to go out for now." He takes a sip of his drink before turning to look at her all of sudden. "I can see you've changed a lot. You look pretty." His mouth twitched into hooded grin as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, right. Thank you. Shouldn't you be going inside and enjoy your party?" She scowls a little as he tries to scoot closer to her. He is drunk for sure.

"I'd rather be here with you." He drawls, reaching her arm but she pulls her arm away as quickly as she can.

"What are you pulling at now?" Her voice is calm, but her eyes are raging as he grabs her arm again. And this time, he grabs it tighter.

"We don't have to tell Eva and have a little fun, right? We didn't see each other for a while and all I could say right now is, f uck god I like you."

He didn't fucking say that. I'm so going to crash that s

"Take your hands off my girl and fuck off." A deep, rough voice says as someone pulls her body into his hard one. And when she looked up, it was none other than Jax King.