Chapter Two

The lights in Mr.Garner's office twitch on and off as Amanda breaths in and out furiously. I turn over to her, "Do you need an inhaler or something?" She glares at me, "No, but you will when I punch you in the nose and you're suffering for air." I scowl at her. "Shut it."

Mr.Garner walks into the room with two files-mine and Amanda's. "So, ladies," he says as he plops down on his chair. It lets out a lot of air. Let's just say he's not the skinniest guy there is.

"I know there is a fight going on between you, and it needs to stop. We have rules here for a reason. You need to follow them unless you want your world to fall apart." He enjoins. "This is the only thing we have. I think we all know that we're not going to become the 51st state, ever since the Herins started to decrease their fighting skills."

"Hey, Mr.Garner, I've always wondered - are you a Herin or a Rebel?" I ask cunningly.

He clears his throat and straightens up his papers. "I believe that that is none of your buisness, Rebel."

"It actually is my business, you see." I respond. "Ah, and how is that?" he asks.

"You know what I am. I deserve to know what you are."

"Miss. Phoenix, I believe you're taking this too far." he says. "Yeah, Phoenix. Shut it." Amanda in counters.

"You're such a brat! Shut your freaking mouth!" I scream.

Amanda charges at me and attempts to hit me in the face as I block her. "See this is what I'm talking about! Break it up!" Mr.Garner yells.

Right as he yells that I slam her arm on the ground and hear a faint cracking noise. She shrieks and gawks at her arm.

"She...she.." she stutters. "SHE BROKE MY ARM!" She yells and points at me with her good one.

"Good job!" I say sarcastically. "GIRLS!" Mr.Garner screams. "I have to go walk Amanda down to the nurse's office. And for YOU missy," he says as he points to me, "You stay here. You're going to be stuck in your room for the rest of the week. I'm moving Amanda out of your cabin and she'll room in a seperate one with Jennifer."

I secretly whisper "Yes!". I never really cared for Jennifer either, she was kind of a side kick for Amanda. Plus, Unify and I were way more of friends than anyone else was with us.

I walk into our severely damaged cabin and set my bag down on my bed.

"How'd it go?" Unify asks.

"Oh, just broke her arm, that's all." I replied.

"What!? Rebel!" she yells.

"She was being a brat, what was I supposed to do about it?"

"Maybe politely ask for her to stop?" she replied.

"That's really funny, Fy." I say while sitting down on my bed.

"You have to stop being such a rebel!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry but that's who I am...literally." I respond

"Wow. I wish my name was Rebel so I would basically have an excuse for anything!"

"It is the life, man." I said.

"I bet." she replied.

"I need your help. How does escaping this place sound to you?" I ask mischievously.