Chapter Four

Unify's POV

I woke up from a long, refreshing nap when I found a note resting on my leg. "Once you make up your mind, meet me at the fence. -Rebel"

No, no, no, this can't be happening. Rebel can't cross the fence!

I immediately spring up from my bed and get more free moving clothes on.

Once I exited the cabin, I decided to take the secret way. I hopped into the little walkway that gently stood out upon the wall. I walked to the end of it where there was a hole, I jumped into it. My vision went black for about 1/3 of a second, then I was by the fence. Rebel wasn't there.

I decided to hop the fence rather than waiting there for a long time. The hop gave me tingling sensations in my stomach until I hit the ground with a loud thump. I looked over. I screamed at the top of my lungs-it was my father.

"How long did you think that you could stay away from me?" he whispered with an evil tone.

"Longer than this." I snarled as I got up and dusted my jeans off.

"Nice try. But you see, with my plan, you will become a Herin. End of conversation." he said. Being a Herin was the last thing I wanted to do. I'm on Rebel's side anyway.

"No, I won't. You know why? Because I crossed the fence, which indicates freedom. I'm free, free from your sick games." I said while looking away.

"Ah, but you see, you're not. I technically have control over you, because I own you." he said, expressionless.

"You own me? What am I, a dog?" I asked angrily.

"Well, if it were up to me, that would be your title." he yelled in a low tone.

"You're sick." I replied. "Why couldn't you and mom just decide on a side for me to be on? I'll never be normal because of you." I said, looking down and rubbing my arm selfconsciously.

"Because, if we did that, then there'd be no war going on, which means no money for me. Every time someone on the Rebel's side dies, I get $100 dollars."

"Ugh!" I screamed. I don't understand how someone could be so low. My mom and my dad fought over what I would be when I was born- a Herin or a Rebel. They couldn't decide, so they got into a big fight and got divorced. This is where court came in. People were deciding wether or not I would be a Herin. Which is of course, what my dad wanted. I'd always wanted what Rebel wanted-to be free and not have to choose a side.

But appearently that wasn't an option.