Working Extra Hours

I may have been only sixteen but that didn't mean I couldn't have a job. I had mainly only got the job because my older cousin owns the place. I was a creator. I don't know how to describe what I do, all I know is that I invent things and email it to my boss. Then she decides if she will send it to scientist so they can create it. Once the scientist or inventors make it and get the money for it, I get a third of the cost.
Once I pull up to StarBucks, I run inside to get a quick cup of coffee. When I was about to get out of line I spot an old friend of mine from school. I quickly walk towards her and sit down in front of her. "Hey gorgeous." I smirk at her as I take a sip of my coffee. "Hey ugly," she looks up from her phone and smiles.
"Who are you texting, Mackenzie?" I peek over towards her side and get a glimpse of a name. It was Derek O'Neil. "Why do you care, Gage?" She put her phone to sleep mode and shoved it into her hoodie pocket. "Maybe because I care about you," I replied below a whisper.
"Shouldn't you be getting to work?" Mackenzie smiled and winked. I mimicked her words in an annoying voice and get up from where I was sitting. When I walked towards the door, I saw her pulling out her phone again, smirking and texting that Derek guy.
I run towards her and I slam her phone onto the table. She looks up at me and gives me a glare. I smiled, a stupid smile where you would just want to punch them in the face. "Stop texting that jerk!" I smirk stupidly. "Fine, just get out of my face or your going to get fired!" She shoves me pulling her phone out of my reach.
I nearly spill my coffee all over my white shirt. I walk towards the door and I open it half way. I turn around and spot Mackenzie smiling and wavy at me. I smirk and walk out the door.

AT WORK

I walk out of the elevator and walked toward my office desk. As I walk by people come up to me asking me what I think about their ideas. Of course I ask them what they think about it, and what ever their answer is it's going to be mine. As I sat down at my desk I get called to my cousin Angela's office.

"I'LL BE THERE IN A FEW MINUTES!!"

"NO She needs you now!"

"FINE!! JUST GET OUT OF MY OFFICE WHERE EVER YOU ARE!" I start swinging my arms around trying to find her. I heard her giggle through the speaker. I get up and grab my notebook and pen.
As I open the door to Angela's office I heard her talking on the phone. She saw me and motioned me to sit down in one of the chairs. I sat down slowly ready for her to say anything. She got off the phone and she got really serious.
"We've been noticing your lack of appearance at our meetings, so we tho.." "Wait, you mean we've had meetings?" I had interrupted her by mistake but I had no idea that we had meetings to go to.
"Uh, yes but you wouldn't know that since you never come." When she talked she sounded unimpressed with my lack of behavior. "Everyone has all agreed that you should be working extra hours." "Well I didn't agree on this," I didn't want to talk back to her but I had to in order to prove my point.
"Your opinion doesn't matter in this situation,"
"so I work extra hours and I get paid more, correct?" I needed to get a raise so I talked back even more.
"No, you get your regular price," "that doesn't make any sense!" I stood up and tossed my hands in the air. "It does make sense if your not doing your job!" She stood up with me. "No it doesn't! Your just doing this because I'm your younger cousin!" "No I'm not! I'm doing my JOB!" Angela points at the door and glares at me with a stupid expression.
I glare at her back and slam the door shut on my way out.

~#~#~#AUTHORS NOTE#~#~#~

OMG! Is Gage going to lose his job for talking back and slamming his bosses door in her face?!?! Well you'll have to comment and predict what might happen next. And do you think Mackenzie has any feelings for Gage? And if you are a girl and you were Mackenzie, would you like Gage, why or why not? If your a guy and your were Gage, would you quit your job and have a crush on Mackenzie, why or why not? If you want you can answer these questions, you don't then that's fine. I was just going to use your answers to figure out what I was going to do next but I think I already know what I'm going to do. Please comment, follow me and like if you like it so far even though it's only the first chapter, lol. Well have a great night, bye my peeps :>