Chapter 1; The Start of Everything

JV

While reading through a novel that I was honestly obsessed with, "J! Pasukan niyo na bukas. Maaga ka nang matulog!" My mom suddenly said. I just nodded and closed the door of my room. I never followed rules because I know my parents would have gone to sleep by the time they left my room, so instead of closing the light bulb switch, I didn't dare to touch it.

10:50 p.m.
I'm still reading. Although my eyes are giving up, I still resisted it to read. After finishing half of the story, I got up and got out of our house to relax in the terrace. I quietly bolted the lock to get out of the house and embraced the fresh air that passed through my body. I sat in our narra chair and closed my eyes. After getting partially relaxed, a shadow suddenly bothered me. I stood up and chased the shadow as it started to fade.

As I got my phone for some light; I left my gaze of the house to the forest, I focused myself at the shadow and trailed it.

The shadow suddenly dissolved and an old house showed up; which can give someone a chill down their spine. I examined the house but then noticed a slender light coming out through the small spaces of woods that covered up the broken windows of the house.
As I stepped closer, "Kyaaaahhhhh!" A shriek came inside the house. I ran inside and entered every single room until I noticed a light coming under the door of the second floor. I entered the room and saw a girl with short black hair laying down the floor with a shocked face. As I looked beside her, I saw a man lying on the floor and blood flooding through it's body.

Although I know this is a scene of a crime, I can't resist smiling because finally, I got a case. From all these years of boredom and unchallenging life, finally a mystery of a murder came into my life. Well, not that I'm really happy to see someone dead. I'm just... you know, someone who isn't interested in the daily boring normal life.

I helped the woman stand and offered her a chair which I found outside the room. Her face was pale, unable to recover from what she just saw. I then inspected and touched the man to know it's rigor mortis.
"He's been dead for 8 hours." I said while feeling the stiffness of its hands. "Call the police," I calmly said and looked at the woman.
She grabed her phone with her shuddering hands.

I just focused on the case and took a picture of the dead body on my phone. He was stabbed at the back. There was also a white plastic near the chair, I touched it and it was wet. I looked at the window near the corpse, there are some mud. I looked at the corpse's shoes and it was also muddy. "I suppose the victim was standing here and jumped inside," I whispered.

After 10-15 minutes, the police entered the scene. They removed the corpse; the knife that was used was a kitchen knife you would normally see in your kitchen. I then noticed something. I tried going near the corpse when someone stopped me. I got mad but he was madder than me. "Hindi ka pwedeng lumapit dito!" He warned. I looked close at the place where he was stabbed.

"Jim!" The man who prohibited me to go near the corpse suddenly looked at the man named Jim. "Yes, inspector," He obediently answered.
The man named Jim suddenly led us downstairs.

I just looked at the woman who discovered the corpse. "Are you related to her?" I smiled.
"Uhm," she anxiously said and suddenly bursted to tears.
"Yes, lagi... lagi niya akong binablackmail. Once na hindi ko siya papakasalan baka papatayin niya mga anak ko...."
"That's not all. Tell me everything!" I shouted. Some policemen looked down to check what's happening but I didn't care. Scaring a human makes them tell the thruth right away, so this technique is easier to use.