Become the Most Sought after Plasterer with These Amazing Tips

Any building can have a number of brick in it and a large quantity of cement being used for it, but it becomes habitable and ready for use only after it has been plastered. Plastering jobs give the architectural piece its beauty and finish. So, plastering is of a great significance in the area of construction. As this aspect of construction is very critical for the success of any building, the plasterers are in great demand. Here are the following tips which would help you know how to plaster and how to improve your plastering skills:

· Any plasterer is aware of the fact that plaster does not adhere to any kind of surface. In order to make the plaster stick to the surface, first, you must ensure that the surface is ready to be plastered.

· Most plasterers do the same mistake. In order to be successful in the plastering jobs, you must make sure that the surface to be plastered is clean. Take time to remove every bit of existing plaster or any dust or wallpaper as the case may be.

· A good plasterer would always check the porosity of the wall surface before starting the plastering. A porous wall surface may make the plaster dry up too fast.

· If the wall surface is too porous, spray the surface with running water until the water runs down.

· The very first lesson of how to plaster is to know that you have to mix plaster to water and never water to plaster.

· The consistency should be that of a melted ice cream. So, take half of water and half of plaster. Pour plaster over the water in a heap and then start mixing with a wooden ladle slowing in order to make it lump free.

· Plastering jobs demands an error-free plastering. For this to be achieved, make sure you finish 6 coats of plastering from the first coat to the last coat.

· Plastering is a great art and it must be learned with time. The beginners should start off with small areas.

· A good plaster can be achieved with confident strokes and the angle of the trowel should be correct.

· Avoid making the mistake of changing the angle too often. Always remember, as the amount of plaster reduces in the trowel, the angle made by the trowel with the wall should become smaller.

· Do not try to be perfect in the first coat itself. Try finishing off the coats and then start fixing the plastering at the end.

· Each coat should give an even tone of plastering. Be very sure about it.

These tips are for the beginners as well as those who are in the plastering profession for ages. As mentioned above, plastering is an art and it should be done with great concentration. The beginners would definitely take some time to develop the confidence but it will come with time and practice. These tips would make you the most sought after plasterer as you would not be doing the same mistakes as the other plasterers do.

Looking for best plastering job , register with Bag a Builder and get jobs according to your skills and expertise.