3rd part

Yoongi would refer to himself as a quite proud man, nonetheless he was still grounded, level headed and well aware of his own faults and weaknesses. Cooking was most definitely one of those weaknesses.

His lack of culinary skills was not particularly unexpected and in a way one couldn't really blame him for that. To improve one needs to learn. But he had never had anyone teach him. Unlike most, he had never had the option to learn how to cook. Never gotten the experience of heated father-son cook offs, nor had he had a strict mother who would demand for him to help make dinner because she wouldn't allow him to starve to death when he moved out.

His life had never been like that. Those were possibilities which had been stripped away from him for longer than he could remember. If he had even had them at all.... For as long as he could recall he had been alone, still was alone, more so after his father's death. Adding in the fact that he had grown up with the access to a lot of money, cooking was by no means on the top of his list of priorities. Like his father he would instead usually rely on hired chefs who would come to his house and make him fresh meals every day. As a man who had lived alone for the vast majority of his life, and who didn't always wish to have the company of a complete stranger within his house, he had somehow been able to gather a little experience through the years.

The experience he had gathered though, was certainly not enough to help him strive in the current scenario. His personal chef of three years had told him about a week ago that he was going on a one month vacation. On such short notice Yoongi hadn't really had the time to hire someone to take his place while he was absent. Thus Min Yoongi was now stuck doing his own cooking, which for the most part consisted of canned foods and cup noodles.  

Taking the emaciated-looking hybrid into consideration, he didn't feel like any of those would be good, sustainable options. He sighed loudly as he stared into his empty cabinets. What could he make? He almost laughed at the thought, vaguely phataoming the tenseness in the situation as he instead thought back to another. He had tried making kimchi with Namjoon once in this kitchen, on the younger man's request. In the end that had been quite inedible and the two of them had ordered take out instead. He hoped to have more memories like that someday.

His eyes wandered over to where the hybrid was sitting on the floor, with yet another sigh. Getting him to the kitchen had been just a little short of hell. The hybrid had blatantly ignored his request to move. When he instead tried to grab his wrist and force him, the hybrid had thrashed around wildly. Honestly Yoongi was quite certain that if he hadn't made sure to almost constantly readjust his grip, the hybrid would have started gnawing at his hand to try to free himself.

As of right now though, the hybrid once again seemed to have calmed down and was currently studying his kitchen carpet very thoroughly. Yoongi quite honestly had no idea what to make of the situation or of the hybrid. What were you even supposed to do when your new housemate had just tried to kill you? He shook his head dismissively, deciding to go back to thinking about dinner instead, something that was a lot less committing and slightly less difficult to approach.

In the end he had settled for making soup. It was usually his chef who stood for buying groceries, so with him not being around, the millionaire's fridge wasn't exactly something to brag about. He did have the ingredients for making vegetable soup, despite it probably not being the ideal hybrid food. Humans ate vegetables, hence hybrids ate vegetables, he concluded. Even if it might not be a preference.

"You know." Yoongi said after a while, waiting for the soup on the stove to start boiling. "We can't keep calling each other 'you'." The hybrid's ears perked up, as if he had just now realized that he was being spoken to. There was a darkness in the eyes that met Yoongi's. The man leaned down so that they were more leveled, but didn't approach him in case the hybrid suddenly felt like attempting to commit his homicide again.