chapter thirty

chapter thirty
edited
1944 words

"No, Bryce, I am not doing this!" Ryan shouted.

"Ryan, there's no one else who can do it," Bryce complained at his stubborn boyfriend. "I-I hate to say that. Really, I do, but it's true."

"B-but-"

"I know it's hard, but it's our only option. Please, RyRy." Bryce told him once again through he radio. He shook his head, his tears falling like a dam that had broken.

"I-I can't, Brycie..."

"Yes, you can. I believe in you. We believe in you." Bryce said. Ryan never shut off the radio, letting Bryce hear Ryan's heavy breathing as he pulled his knife out of his pocket and put it to Lui's throat. His hands were shaking wildly, you could tell, even through a camera. You scanned the hallways and only saw a few Walkers were roaming and would be easy to kill. No problem.

"I-I'm sorry," Ryan whispered as his arms ceased shaking and his veins were tense. Suddenly, Lui's body jumped up and screamed at Ryan, who screamed and fell back onto his back. Tears stramed down Ryan's face as Bryce's eyes widened at the noise he had heard through the radio.

"Ryan? Oh god, d-did Lui turn? Ryan!?" Bryce screamed. Tears threatened to fill his eyes. "(Y/N), is Ryan okay!?" Bryce turned towards the cameras and where you sat.

"Ryan's fine. Lui knew he was going to turn...his wrists are bound to the wall." You replied without any emotion in your voice, yet tears were falling from your eyes. You watched as Ryan got up with shaking legs and went towards Lui's deceased, moving self who was held back onto the wall. Ryan mummurmed something before plunging the shiny blade into the monster's forehead, dark red, almost black, blood spilled onto the area and himself. Ryan, disgusted, took the knife back and pressed the radio to his mouth.

"I...Is it clear for me to leave?" He asked, his voice shaking.

"Yes..." You responded.

"I'm...I'm coming back." He said, his voice sounded empty as he walked through the halls. Bryce, tears welled up in his eyes, jumped from his chair and ran towards the door, awaiting for the moment that Ryan would come through. After a few minutes, the door opened faintly. As soon as Ryan's body was there, Bryce lunged towards it and threw his arms around Ryan, crying lightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay! I don't know what I'd do if I lost you!" Bryce exclaimed, nuzzling into Ryan's neck. Ryan put his arms around Bryce and gently laid his chin on the man's shoulder blade, tears streaming down his face.

"Bryce..."

"I'm sorry! I'm so, so, sorry!" Bryce cried, repeating it over and over again. "I'm so sorry I made you do that! I'm sorry!"

"Bryce." Bryce pulled away once he felt Ryan's hands go to his hips, pushing him back slightly. Bryce, thinking Ryan was mad at him, looked at his boyfriend to see his dull green eyes. They weren't as green as grass anymore but were dull like a wet forest. Bryce's hands didn't leave from his boyfriend's neck while Ryan's rested on Bryce's hips.

"I..." Bryce didn't know what to say. Ryan began tearing up more. Everyone else in the room was staring at the heartbreaking scene. No one knew what to do. There wasn't anything to do than watch. Ryan didn't say anything, instead, he embraced Bryce in a hug. Bryce, shocked and wide eyed, waited a second before wrapping his arms around Ryan's torso as Ryan held Bryce close to him and cried on his shoulder.

"Br...Brycie..." Ryan stammered into Bryce's ear, hardly above a whisper, you weren't sure how you even heard him. Bryce pulled away and wiped away Ryan's tear.