Chapter Eight

"What the hell happened to Mackenzie?" Chuck yells holding his head looking around the backyard seeing his girlfriend was nowhere to be seen.

The pack members were all slowly standing up trying to compose themselves after the attack that had just happened.

It felt like hours before the melting sensation in their heads had subsided.

"Oh my god..." Lyra breaths once everything clicked in her head.

Her best friend went missing the moment her father showed up which Lyra happened to catch since many of the members don't even know what happened or were aware it was an attack.

Lyra rushes to the man who has grown close to Mackenzie over the course of months as she began to jumble over her words in a panic.

That's when everyone else in the pack realized that their alpha was missing and that caused an intense freakout.

Even Chuck was in a panic due to the fact that the love of his life was now missing and he had no idea on how to find her.

Suddenly Dorian, the beta, walks in the center of everyone and his eyes turn gold before he lets out a loud and vicious roar silencing everyone within a 30-mile radius.

Everyone turns and stares at their Beta with worried eyes hoping he can somehow fix the disappearance of their Alpha.

"Now.. I know many of you are scared and worried at the fact that your alpha is now missing," Dorian says in a loud voice his gruff and hard tone making him quite intimidating.

The pack members all begin to nod mumbling their agreements, "But what we are not going to do is go into a full-blown panic. What we are going to do is get together and come up with ways to try and locate Alpha Mackenzie. Maybe contact our allies and see if they had seen anything. Her scent is still strong in the area so I need the best trackers to get on it" He says strongly looking at his pack.

When he says the word trackers, a group of 6 pack members step forward as they have been appointed the job years ago for their amazing talents of tracking almost anything.

Dorian looks at them and nods to which that group turns running off to begin their work. The beta then turns to the patrol wolves, "And we need you guys to go on patrol to constantly monitor pack borders for anything out of the ordinary just in case she shows up"

Those group of wolves then run off as well shifting into their wolf forms running to their bases.

"Nathan!" Dorian calls looking around the rest of the pack members.

A young man around the age of 19 then steps up. His broad and tall stature enough to make any wolf cower back when facing off in a fight was enough to appoint him the general of the warriors. He also had fast instincts such as strength, speed, agility, and stamina.

"Prepare your men"

Nathan nods giving a firm yes sir before he yells to his warriors running off to the field they train on.

Dorian sighed looking at the women and children "Ladies, I need you all to stay indoors and take shelter in the cells if anything happens. We need you to protect the pups." He says looking at the moms and young girls of the pack.