Chapter I

• • V • •

• • V • •

"Why are you helping if you claim you can't stand me?" He asked nearly sobering up.

"The only one who technically can't stand is you." I say averting my eyes from his.

He laughed deeply as he laid back and shook his head. When I thought he may have fallen asleep I released a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

"Why am I helping you? I hate you." I groaned to myself as I put a blanket on him as he snored softly. 

I think I can actually deal with you when you sleep. Your stupid face is relaxed and that mouth of yours isn't screwing everything up. Just like it always does. Hmm still never knew why you just had to cut off your curls. It amused me to see them bounce up and down as you would run to Mrs. Angroul's class because you were always running late after music. 

I caught myself softly touching his hair remembering when I didn't hate him. But I stopped myself and just grabbed my face. 

That doesn't change anything. I still hate you.

"Ugh.You look like such a  Wendys Frostie." I say shaking my head at his hair.

                                          • • •
                             Three days earlier

"Yo V, if you aren't doing anything on Friday we might need you to close the bar." I take a mental check that I don't already have plans. 

"Yeah that's fine. Is Pat okay or?" I ask cleaning the wine glasses. 

"He had something come up with his daughter so he won't be here." I nod as I place the plate rack in the heat disinfectant.   

"I think that's the last of it, you're good to go. Tomorrow, come in an hour earlier so you can leave earlier to have enough rest for Friday." He took my dirty rag and motioned me to go with his hand. 

"Gracias Tio." I salute him as I remove my apron. As I am walking out, I am putting on my headphones, I select a song but whilst having my head down I run straight into someone. 

"Oh my gosh I am...oh it's just you." Never fails that him and I clash in every aspect.

"Well hello Victoria." Yashua Camacho will never change I swear. 

"Tio, your worst customer is here." I holler to the back as Yashua doesn't move out of my way. 

"Hey, we brought the best customer though." Richard walks in holding Aaliyah. 

"Oh my gosh. Look how big you've gotten." I coo to the babygirl as she looks to her dad.  

"That tends to happen." Yashua remarks from beside me as my uncle is coming to the front.

I am about to retort him when Uncle Rodrigo catches me opening my mouth, "Victoria, ya se termino. Esta la chiquita." 

"You right. I have to go anyway. It was great to see you two." I smile sweetly to Richard and Aaliyah turning out without looking back at the other one.

                                       • • Y • •

"You know my niece literally gets along con todo el mundo but not you. I won't ever understand that." Rodrigo says as he walks them to the booth closest to the kitchen. 

"We all know Vic has the biggest heart too so I am just as lost as you are." Richard agrees with Rodrigo as he follows

Yashua follows slowly as his thoughts weigh down his movements. 

"Your niece is the only person who has all the right to hate me."

                                        • • V • •

I turn my key as I open the door but it gets stuck on the chain lock. 

"Ugh, Sav, please open the door." I yell into our apartment.

"Oh shit sorry!" I hear her take off towards the door. 

The door unlocks and she opens with a smile. I laugh as I notice she is still in the same pajamas from this morning.

"I had a lazy day." She scoffs as I land on the couch and release a sigh.

"Oof let me guess your uncle kept you longer and you are dying." I shake my head as I feel her sit on my back.

"Umm a customer brought their picky kid in?" She asks.

"No the biggest assole of the century came in." I say groaning.

"No way. So Richards back." She sit on the floor in front of me.  

"I tell you the asshole came and you only think of Richard." I laugh loudly as she just shrugs.

"But if you must know Rich came in with Aaliyah." Sav puts her hand on her heart. 

"Awwww. A damn daddy for sure." She says wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"You did not just say that." I say walking towards the bedroom.

"You just don't like it because you only see Yashua like that." I stop mid hallway as I spin around and she's holding a pillow up as a shield.

I flick her off heading to the bathroom to shower and change.

"We'll discuss more after you come out, okay?" I shake my head from my bedroom.

My whole shower and pre sleep consisted of thinking of that bleach blonde bimbo.

______________________________________________________________________