Chapter One

Ten years later

They said you can feel it, twisting in your stomach with a burning rage. Consuming you, eating you alive. Each day the build-up to what is coming is worse than the day before. It's buried deep in my chest, aching and itching. Twisting my gut into nothing as I wait for the day to come.

Something is coming, something bad. It terrified me to my core. Each thought, movement and sound. The fear overwhelming as the sense of danger that could be lurking in the shadows filled me with unease.

I didn't know what was coming. A part of me was, telling me that life as I know it will come to an end. Leaving destruction in its wake, like always.

Laughter saturated the room. I whirled away from the open bay window to see three young men stood in the doorway. Red-faced. Their lips sealed tight as they hold laughter back.

"Morning tomatoes, " I chuckled.

Each one lets their laughter bellow into the room, warming my heart.

"Morning Alpha." Each bow their head in respect.

"It's Elsa boys, well it will be once Luca takes his place." I sighed.

I realised that boys disappearing acts were becoming more and more of late.

"Yes Elsa, " they have spoken in union before all grabbed food I laid out for the pack.

It may not have been my duty to cook and clean, after all, I'm a woman with a bunch of hungry men, woman and children. Cleaning is my calm and cooking is my pleasure. Considering I'm twenty years old Alpha Female, with no mate. I had plenty of time free when pack business was sluggish.

"Morning Alpha." A bunch of different pack member hummed as they entered the large plush white kitchen.

Sipping my coffee, I returned my attention to the back garden. Beautiful flower bed of all sorts of vibrant colours splashed around. Wooden benches, painted with wolves and moons. Twinkle lights hung alongside vines that covered the wooden open frame. It fitted the ground like a glove, sheltering chairs and tables scattered underneath.

Three days after fathers funeral I had our pack garden transformed. I wanted a place to remember our fallen Alpha and Luna, pack members and warriors. Each member planted a single flower for loved ones, friends and family. The Warriors built the open wooden frame while the children wanted lights. The garden is a haven. Each time someone falls through duty protection our pack, illness or missing. We plant a flower as a whole, we grieve together here and laugh.

It's a beautiful place, one filled with sadness and sorrow. Yet, happiness and bliss at having our reminder in such a beautiful tranquil garden.

Where is that brother of ours? Sammy grumbles, my wolf.

Playing Hooky. I snorted. Ignoring her reply I turned on my heels leaving the kitchen behind.

Tonight is a full moon. Lucas Eighteen Birthday meaning my little brother will become Alpha. Each pack member will be running around crazy preparing tonight's festivities. His Alpha Crowning. Smiling, I continued towards Luca's room.

I couldn't wait to hand my brother his title. I never wanted to be Alpha, plus as the law states no female can be Alpha. I took the title with the knowledge of handing it to my brother. The council became furious with this news, along with the King of wolves. Arrangements made, contracts signed and today. Well, today our King and Council will be joining us for the ceremony.