xxxv. REAL LIFE

OLIVER STOOD IN front of Timothée, who was all packed and ready to leave him

         OLIVER STOOD IN front of Timothée, who was all packed and ready to leave him. Obviously, that part was a little dramatic because the boy wasn't actually just leaving him, he just had to go back home.

"Do you really have to go?" Oliver asked, pouting. Thinking that was too adorable, Timothée smiled and chuckled.

"Yes," he answered, "I have to go and tend to my plants and cat."

Oliver raised an eyebrow, "You don't even have a cat, you liar."

Timothée simply shrugged. "Yeah," he admitted, "You're right, but that doesn't mean I don't really want one."

"Well, then, move out of your building and find a new one that'll allow you to have pets," Oliver rolled his eyes, giving a solution the problem.

"I mean, I could do that but I also really like my landlord and everything. Also, I've been staying there for the past few years and I really like it," Timothée said, "It's in a great area and if I move I have to clean everything out for the first time since I loved in."

"Fine, then, live without a cat in your life," Oliver muttered and Timothée laughed at him. "But, I mean, can't you just stay here a few more days?"

Timothée smiled, "I wish, but sadly, no. I'll be back here as soon as I can, though. And you can always visit New York."

"Well, there is great pizza there..." Oliver thought it over, "But I also don't like the traffic there."

"Like the traffic is any better over here," Timothée rolled his eyes, "And I'll be there."

"Yeah. Well, I hope you have a safe flight and everything," Oliver said, looking over the hotel room and biting his lip shyly, oblivious to the things it did to Timothée. "Can I – can I hug you?"

"Of course," Timothée said immediately, "I can never a deny a hug from you."

Oliver smiled, opening up his arms as Timothée did the same, holding him close. He wanted to say more things, try other ways to convince him to stay. He wanted to kiss the boy and he wanted to whisper all the confessions he had waiting on his tongue.

He didn't though.

They stayed there hugging for maybe a solid minute. Oliver closed his eyes as they hugged, the two swaying, and inhaled his scent. God, how he had missed it. He might sound and look crazy, but God, it was so nice. And Oliver missed him so much, he just wanted him back. He wanted to go back to before everything when he would be in Timothée's apartment on the couch cuddling against the boy and leaning into his scent. Now here he was again, doing the same thing even though they weren't together anymore.

It made his heart ache as he thought about it. How he wished to just be with him again even though Timothée didn't want that. Timothée wanted a friendship and Oliver would give that to him, he could let that be enough. But it was just barely.

Eventually, they pulled apart and Timothée smiled at him and he couldn't help but return it. "I'll miss you," Oliver said, really hoping that maybe that would be the thing that would make him stay.

"I'll miss you, too," Timothée said back, and the two just stared at each other, taking in the other's face.

Before he could even fully comprehend what was happening, Timothée was leaning in with his eyes closed and his lips were on Oliver's. Soft lips. Almost immediately, after a second of shock to take in what was happening (!!!!), Oliver kissed him back and it was wonderful.

It was them and, for a moment, Oliver allowed himself back into the moments where this was normal; where this had been in his life with Timothée. Before everything when it was just them. They could kiss all day because they were together and happy.

There was a knock at the door calling for Timothée to head out the door so they pulled apart. Oliver couldn't say anything, utterly speechless with wide eyes because Timothée had kissed him. And the Chalamet boy? He just smiled and said goodbye before leaving, only letting Oliver wave at him before getting his stuff and heading out the door.

Oliver put his hand on the desk chair to ground himself. "Holy shit..."