seventeen. is that your girlfriend?

PRETEND
( irl )
ryder

i wake up to a little girls giggling and a boy laughing. i sit up and rub my eyes, trying to make my vision a little clearer. as i squint my eyes i vaguely see a little girl hugging someone who i soon make out as zach.

"is that your girlfriend?" i hear the little girl whisper, but it was not that quiet. i smile and rub my eyes again, looking down at my lap.

"yes reese, thats my girlfriend. now why don't you go downstairs and we'll be there in a little bit, okay?" zach laughs and i hear the little girls footsteps running out of the room. i squint again and look at zach, everything in my vision still blurry.

"what did i do now?" he asks and puts his hands up in defense. i furrow my eyebrows at him and laugh.

"um, nothing. why would you think you did something?" i ask him, a small smile forming on my face.

"you keep squinting at me. its kinda frightening." i playfully scoff and roll my eyes and zach stands up from the floor.

"i don't have my glasses idiot," i make out his hand that is held out for me by the bed i'm laying in. its then that i look around and realize i have no idea where i am. "wait, where am i?" i ask alarmed. i take zach's hand and he pulls me up off the bed.

"well, you were just in my bed, and you are still in my room, which is in my house, in dallas." he laughs and starts to lead me out of the bedroom which i now know is his. i nod my head before slightly panicking.

"wait zach! one, i have no idea where i'm going, i'm pretty much blind. and two, am i going to meet your parents?!" he chuckles before turning around and nodding, and then he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. i screech and yell his name and tell him to put me down.

"what? you said you couldn't see! i'm helping you down the stairs!" he teases and i feel him start to walk down the stairs.

"i swear to god zach, if you fall," i start and then suddenly my feet touch the floor again. i put my hands out in front of me and feel zach's chest, and look up to his blurry face as he takes my hands in his.

"stay here. i'll go get your glasses and then," he opens the front door and turns around to me, the smirk most likely playing on his face.

"you're going to meet my parents."