twenty-one. this was a mistake.

PRETEND
( irl )
ryder

"zach stop. let me hit her." i struggle against the boys grip, assuming its zach.

"not zach. and also no." i hear jonah say and drag me into the greenroom. he closes the door and blocks me from getting out, and then hands me a stack of napkins to attempt to dry myself off.

"are you kidding me jonah?! did you see what she did to me? why wouldn't you let me hit her?" i scream at him. he just sits there and waits until i'm finished screaming before calmly answering me.

"because it would cause more problems with you that no one needs. also it's illegal." he says, chuckling a bit at the end. i huff and sit down on the couch and put my head in my hands. i hear the door open and close, and then i feel someone sit next to me.

"so what really happened to your cheek?" i hear and sit up and look at him. and i don't even know what came over me but as soon as i saw his face i burst out crying. he turns to me and pulls me into his chest, rubbing my back and saying comforting things into my ear softly.

"this was a mistake. i should have never taken this job." i sob into his chest.

"no it wasn't. i mean you would've never got to meet me or the guys." he tries to make me feel better but its not working. i sit up and look at him in his chocolate brown eyes.

"whatever. can we just go back to the house please?" i sigh and frown, wiping my tears. he nods and stands up. he slips off his sweatshirt and hands it to me.

"here. change into this." i say a small thank you and he walks out the door. i pull off my soaking wet sticky shirt and throw zach's sweatshirt over my head. it reaches around my mid thigh and the sleeves are way too long. i take a deep breath in and smell his aftershave laced into the sweatshirt.

i smile a weak smile, pick up my belongings, and walk out to the tour bus, ignoring the screams from the leftover fans.