Chapter 1

Pattie

I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror.

Okay Pattie you got this. They will take the news splendidly. They will be happy. You will be happy.

I took one last look and grabbed my suitcase and purse and phone and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walk to he door and sat my suitcase down. I faced towards the stairs and called for my two kids.
"Jason! Selena! Downstairs now please!"

I lifted my arm up and looked at my watch. 7:10pm. Have to leave the house be at the airport at 7:25. I look back up and see my two beautiful kids walk down.

Jason, my eldest child, 17years old. He's not your best normal child. He's all bad boy. Misbehaves lots and phone obsessed. Though he doesn't behave or listen and such I still love him very much.

Selena, my youngest and last child I gave birth to, 14 years old. Sweet, kind, responsible and behaves very well and she's very smart. She loves everything besides the internet. Though she uses it only for homework and researches. She's not a big fan and I love her dearly.

They both stop at the end of the stairs and what does not surprise me is, Jason on his phone.

"Jason, put your phone down for a bit" I said. He rolls his eyes and slips his phone into his back pocket and crosses his arms. "What's up mom? Why is your suitcase there?" Selena asked.

"Well.. I know this is very very short notice but.. I had requested to foster a teen and after lots of phone calls and such they had accepted. I have to fly to LA tonight to be there tomorrow and grab him" I had said. Please no trouble or arguments about this. Think positive pattie.

"What!? Seriously? Why another kid!? It's already annoying as fuck with Selena here. We don't need some other dumb ass kid." Jason spat. I took a deep breath and exhaled. Remain calm. Anger and such is not the answer.

"Watch your language Jason. I wanted another but can't have one of my own. This is a good thing" I took another deep breath and spoke again, "I'm going to need you to watch over Selena and keeps the house all clean. And absolutely no parties. The trip won't take long. Just a couple of days."

Jason shook his head and grabbed his phone and went back on it. I sighed. "I will pay you Jason. Watch selena and take care of the house and no parties."

"How much?" He asked.

"60 bucks" I replied.

"Deal" he muttered. I smiled somewhat big. I go to speak but the sound of the horn cuts me off.

"I'll give it to you when I'm back. Dinner is in the fridge just warm it up and watch her. I love you both" I rushed it out and pulled them into a hug and could feel Jason trying to get out. I let go and kissed there foreheads and grabs my suitcase and stuff and selena opened the door and I stepped out and walked to the cab and set my stuff in the trunk and hopped into the backseat and quickly shut the door and buckled up.

I look to the side and see Jason walking into the kitchen and selena waving good bye which I wave right back and then see her shut the door as the cab drove away.