Eighteen

Dahyun stacked her notebooks and textbooks beside each other. Pens were kept inside a pencil case while papers were slid inside the plastic pages of a clear book. The remaining essentials are made sure that they are neatly organized inside the bag. It may not seem like it, but Dahyun is a tidy kid thanks to Jeongyeon's neverending reminders of organizing her things back in high school.

     Unfortunately, she only had 10 minutes to actually study. An unplanned meeting was brought up the moment Sana informed her about the eviction. 7 days were up and running left for Sana to apprehend the situation, so Dahyun decides to bring her company tonight for this terrible event. Company is probably the only thing Dahyun can give for now, but she starts to think of a way to fix the situation for Sana, too.

     She grabs her coat from the coat rack and heads downstairs. The attention of  a surely recognizable housemate resting on the couch playing with her phone was stolen with the loud stomps coming from Dahyun's feet.

     "Looks like you're going somewhere. Where are you going? It's late," Chaeyoung asks and sits up.

     Dahyun quickly answers, "Sana's." and proceeds to the bathroom to retrieve a comb and fix her appearance.

     Chaeyoung puffs her cheeks as she watches Dahyun darting in and out of the bathroom. She was about to ask the reason why but the latter couldn't even spare a second to stop her feet from moving too much.

     Minutes later, Dahyun returns with her hair tied up along with her shoes and gestures Chaeyoung to move aside so she can sit. Chaeyoung eyed her confusingly, also finally having the chance to ask again, "Why are you heading to Sana-ssi's? Did something happen? I mean, it's late so..."

     "She called me earlier and told me she's getting evicted in seven days," Dahyun explains while she bent down to tie her shoelaces. "She can't keep calm so I'm heading over."

     Chaeyoung stood up filled with incredulity and bewilderment. "What? She's getting evicted? How could that happen?"

     "I don't know. She was trying to hold still while speaking. I told her to drop the call so she would relax."

     "Then I'll go too. I feel terribly bad about this."

     "You stay here and sleep. We have classes tomorrow and we both can't risk waking up late. I left some sausages for you on the table so you should eat. I'll return soon, you hear?" Dahyun insists. She wears her coat and adjusts her pants before checking her phone battery. She mumbles, "Good thing I charged it."

     The younger scratches her nape, humming to Dahyun's words. She pouts, realizing the loss of option to debate. "Okay, I'll stay." A deep sigh was released before she continues, "Oh and by the way, Mina-unnie fed me back at her place. I'm full, so I can't eat the sausages. Why not bring it along? Pack it for Sana-ssi, at least," Chaeyoung suggests.

     Dahyun contemplates over the suggestion. It does sound like a good idea, at least she'll have some souvenir to give other than the unexpected company. The only thing is that it wasn't freshly cooked. If she was informed of Chaeyoung's free dinner sooner, she would have eaten those savory sausages and fry another set just for Sana.

     "Should I? It's not newly cooked."

     Chaeyoung groans, "We don't have a dog to feed those sausages to, unnie. Don't waste the food. Go pack some rice along if you want. You know, pocket
food."

     "Fine. I doubt that she'll be eating the meal, though."

     Later that night, Dahyun left with a small paper bag comprising the food packed properly thanks to Chaeyoung. Of course, not forgetting the danger lurking around this late at night, Chaeyoung informed Dahyun regarding which path to take and which path to not take based from experiences. She apologized for leaving the motorbike back at the café, but it was necessary or else Jeongyeon would reprimand her for using the vehicle for non-urgent situations (Although, Mina's safety is considered urgent and sort of self-explanatory so that's exempted).