Chapter 2 - White Long Sleeves

I'm silent while he carried me to somewhere. It's funny that I'm reluctant to let him take me. Is it enough to say that because I feel safe in his sturdy arms? I don't know why. Maybe because I'm just too weak that I think he's a mighty fortress that I can lean on? Well, for now I don't what to think about this. I closed my eyes and lean on his chest.

I slowly opened my eyes when I felt that he suddenly stopped walking. I scanned the place and we're at some pharmacy. He put me down on the nearest seat outside and walked inside the pharmacy without saying anything. The moment he left me, I just felt numb physically and emotionally that I wasn't even able to feel the wound on my neck.

I waited outside for a few minutes then he sat in front of me and moved his seat closer. I didn't noticed even noticed him at first. He cleared his throat and stare at me. He let me see what he's holding. It was a plastic bag filled with medicine cream, cotton and gauze. 

I'm too tired to speak so I just nod at him.

He gently rubbed my wound with a cotton and some liquid then wrapped it with gauze. He looked at me and smiled. Then, he took another set of cotton and liquid for the bruise on my neck. He moved even closer to me and I was just staring at him, unconsciously. He then tucked my hair behind my ear, revealing the bruise on my neck. He was about to lean forward but I flinched from his touch. It reminded me of the man earlier. 

The way he touched me, it was so disgusting. I feel so dirty.

He looked down; moved his seat and spoke softly to me.

"Mianhae." ("Mianhae" means "sorry.")

He handed me the medicine and I mend myself while I'm covering up my wound, he went back inside the pharmacy. 

"Here, have some." He handed me jumokbap (Korean rice balls) and a bottle of water.

"Thanks" I replied weakly.

I'm not in the mood to eat but it's too rude to decline his offer. I just drink the water and I realized that I'm really thirsty.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I was surprised by his question. He stared at my face and encouraged me to speak. After a few minutes, I managed to say my name.

"Eun Jae."

I started sobbing and he sighed. He moved the medicine aside. I covered my face so that he can't see me but he gently removed both of my hands and squeezed them gently.

He whispered to me, "Hush, it's alright. Sshhh"

"jebal not home"
I begged him not to take me home, I wouldn't be able to take it if I saw Minji.

"Because I don't want to be reminded of the heartbreak I just experienced." This is what I want to tell him but I don't know him yet. And I have no energy to talk more. I feel so weak.

I felt his finger on my cheeks wiping my tears. 

"Sure, sure but please don't cry." He assured me.

I tried to stop myself and inhaled deeply. 

"Please, wait here." He said.

I nod at him. He left and after a few minutes a car is parked in front of the pharmacy. He alighted from it and guided me on the front seat while we're on the way again somewhere I don't know, I secretly cried inside the car. When we arrived at the place, he lend me his hoodie and led me to his room which looks like a music studio. I wanted to ask him where we are and why does the room looks like that but I'm too exhausted to even say a word so I just laid down on the foldable bed. 

"Wait, don't sleep yet. You haven't change your clothes, you might get sick just use my long sleeves." He handed me a white long sleeves. I stared at the clothes and didn't speak.

"Uhhh. I'm sorry it's all I have." He scratched the back of his head and quickly went outside the room.

I stood up, locked the door and carefully changed my clothes. The smell of his sleeves is relaxing that for a second I forgot about my situation. I unlocked the door, opened it and was surprised to see him stumble inside. I gazed at him questioningly.