Chapter 1 - That Night (teaser)

It has always been my dream to be a successful editor in a big company. Ever since, I was a kid I know that I don't have a future whenever math comes in, whenever math is mentioned I'll back-out easily. I mean I clearly know it's not my cup of tea that's why I'm very grateful that somehow the moment I graduated I was able to get a stable job where I can use my skills. I'm currently the editor of an entertainment magazine in Seoul. I'm living in an apartment with my good friend and also workmate, Minji, for 4 years.

For four years, I can say that I was able to interact with different personalities. I also met my boyfriend, Sebin, he is 3 years older than me. He was once an editor like me in the same company. Now, he is my boss at work.

Tomorrow is the big day, it is the day to be decided if I get promoted or not. Not to brag, but I'm really excellent on my field. Ever since I got here in the company, the articles that I've been was always commended. Sebin and I already have plans. We decided that the moment I get promoted Sebin will transfer to another company. Minji is also in line for promotion. Nonetheless, whoever gets the bacon, I'm pretty sure we'll always have each other's back. 

The night before the big day, I, Sebin, and Minji went out together to eat dinner. Somehow, I felt uneasy that night but I just brushed it off since it was a very stressful day, I need a break even just for a moment. We went to the famous bar at the heart of Seoul. We ordered a bucket of beer and the two kept handing me a bottle. We just drank all night, drinking to our hearts content. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll be the editor in chief of this company!

------------------

I really woke up early for this. Today is the big day. I carefully brush my hair and wore the clothes that I prepared a week ago. I grabbed my laptop and secure my flashdrive. I called for the taxi and was able to arrive safe at the company. I patiently wait on my seat because Minji is the first presenter. She stood up and exhaled.

"Minji!" I quietly called her. Then she turned to look at me.

"Aja! Fighting!" I smiled at her but she just gave me a brief smile. She's probably too nervous to respond to me.

"Ae Minji, please begin." The executives spoke.

"Yes, thank you. Good morning!" She started her presentation smoothly.

 At first, it was really great but later on, I noticed something, something very similar. After the 7th slide, everything was from me, that's my idea! It was just slightly improved but totality is mine. I really don't know what to do because I was taken aback. I really don't want to admit  to myself that Minji stole all my ideas. The same Minji that became my friend ever since I went to Seoul. She was the one who's always there by my side. So, why? 

"That's all, thank you." Minji gave her winsome smile to the executives and proceed beside me.

"Kang Eunjae." The executive called.

Oh no! That's me. They are calling my name. I don't know what to do. I stare at Minji but she's not looking at me.  I couldn't stand up from my seat. My hands are shaking tremendously. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream but I can't. All eyes are on me now. Time is passing by slowly and every minute that I don't speak their eyes mock me. I felt very embarrassed, betrayed, and hurt at the same time.

"I-I don't k-know" I tried my best to answer even though I'm holding back my tears.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" Minji spoke and gave me an unbelievable look.

My chest tightened for a second after hearing Minji. I gave her  a look that says "Why?" but she just acted as if she doesn't know anything and gave me a concerned look. She started to massage me.

"It's okay, Eunjae. Just admit to the executives that you didn't prepare for this day and they met give you a second chance." She said as she continues to massage my back.

I looked at the executives and they gave me a disapproving look.

"Excuse me."

---------

okay! this is just a teaser for chapter 1. I'm sorry I really have a headache right now.