Chapter 1

Luke raced through the trees in search of his run-away prey. She had caught him by surprise and kicked him in his kneecap. If he did not catch and kill her, he would starve for the fifth night in a row and on top of that, be exposed. That is the number one rule among Vampires, never to be seen by Humans, at least in Vampire form. Luke stopped and smelled the air to see if he could find her scent. Sure enough she had been stupid as he caught the strong smell of her excessively applied perfume.

        He started flintting to pick up the pace. In no time he spotted her behind a tree shivering. His prey screamed, but lucky for him they were deep in the woods. He pounced on her and sank his fangs deep into her neck. It took only thirty seconds to drain all the blood from the female and bury the body. By then his twin brother, Zack, had also finished his hunt.

        "Dude what took you so long?" Zack said teasingly.

        "I had a little trouble with this one." he replied rubbing his knee. They laughed and started back to camp to find their dad. When they returned their father was packing up camp.

        "What's going on? Why are you packing?" Luke asked, but his father did not reply.

        "He asked a fucking question!" Zack screamed. He was only four minutes older than Luke, but their parents treated him as if he were one hundred and twenty-one years old.

        "We have to find a new location. It is not safe to talk here so go see if your mother needs help with anything." their dad responded calmly. Five minutes later they were off to another camp.