Realization

Mitch and Beau had since been on multiple dates since their first one. Both boys enjoyed all their dates immensley and found their feelings towards each other grow the more time they spent together. Currently they were at Pizza Hut, quietly joking as they muched on pizza. Mitch smiled as Beau threw his head back in laughter, green eyes sparkling in the lights, and causing his laugh lines to appear. The fact that Mitch had this beautiful man laughing caused his heart to pound faster. He really enjoyed Beau's presence. Beau had a charming quality that Mitch hadn't seen from a man in a long time.

Beau always made him laugh, was always kind to those around him and just had this ease to him. Mitch could truly see a future beside Beau for the rest of his life. Beau smiled at Mitch, causing his heart to this faster and faster until it felt like his heart was trying to escape from his chest. "You okay?" Beau's soft, calming voice asked. "Yeah, yeah. Just thinking." Mitch smiled back at Beau and squeezed his hand reassuredly. Beau picked up his hand and placed kisses on each and every knuckle on Mitch's hand, staring deep into Mitch's eyes.

Mitch blushed uncontrollably, averting his eyes as he suddenly felt shy. Beau chuckled, using a finger to get Mitch to face him. "You are so beautiful," he whispered reverently. The blush Mitch sported only got deeper. He leaned over the table and pecked Beau in the cheek softly. "And you are the most perfect man in the world," he whispered back. Now it was Beau's turn to blush. "Are you ready to go?" he asked, noticing Mitch's empty plate. Mitch nodded and accepted the hand that Beau extended towards him. He smiled to himself thinking about how he went through awful men after awful men, only to land the most perfect man he could find.

The car ride was filled with screaming out loud along with the songs on the radio while dancing along in their seats. Mitch turned, smiling softly at the man dancing alongside him. Beau made him feel unimaginably happy and safe. They arrived at Mitch's home. Beau wished Mitch goodnight, kissing his cheek and dreamily watching him walk away. Mitch went into his house, getting ready for the night while thinking about his date. He giggled as Beau popped into his mind, his bright smile etched into his mind. His last concious thought was I'm in love with him before sleep claimed him.