I'm...18?

When you turn the age of 18 you expect fireworks and sprinkles to pop out of the sky. Or perhaps,you know,books...Yeah yeah,okay,i'm pretty sure that i am the only one who thinks like that. But really, everyone freaks out when you turn 18. It's the perfect age,the age when you go to parties and get drunk,the age when you fall in love(tss..like that is ever going to happen to me!),the age where if you kill someone you go to jail...you know,all this great stuff.

My day did actually started with sprinkles,but they were stail ones that were stuck to my shirt after the amazing banana Split i had last night while watching Harry Potter. It was 7'oclock in the morning,i was feeling groggy and the dribble on the corner of my mouth didn't make it better.(attractive,i know). It was my 18th birthday,and all I wanted to do is to sleep all day.

I rubbed my eyes and analized my sourroundings. The same bunk beds since i was 9,the same smell and the same ugly pictures hanging on the Wall. The room was the same,but of course,the people were different.

I'm pretty sure you are wondering what the hell i am talking about. Story short,my parents died when i was nine,so i ended up in a Foster home with many other children who got adopted one by one. Everyone, but me. They told me to smile more,so i did,they told me to talk more,so I did...i did everything,but in the end,here i am. And when you turn 18 like me and you don't have anywhere to go,you can start working in the Foster Home Community,so it's not that bad. I will still be living here,and i will finally have my own room.

When i finally get up,i see a card hanging at the end of my bed. Sighing,i open it.

"It's too late to kill me now muahahaha,Happy Birthday" -Shawn

Smiling,i close the card and I get dressed. Shawn arrived here 2 years ago,he was shy and cute and every girl drooled over him. His mother recently died and his father was arrested for a massive drug possession and got 10 years of jail. Not the actually happiest day in his life when he arrived. I remember he walked through the main door,and my heart ached when i saw him standing there looking cheerlessness at us. I knew that feeling.

He didn't talk with us for a couple of days,he closed himself up and his gloominess started to piss me off. So,one day,the 16 years old version of myself,decided to make him an Emergency sadness kit. And damn,if it wasn't the best decision of my entire life.

He was sitting on the floor of the living room fiddling with his headphones when I aproached him. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and then got back to stare at the floor and fiddle with his earphones. I dropped the box near his feet,but no response out of him. Angrily,i pulled one of his earphones out.

-"Okay,listen to me. I know what you are going through,okay? I know. I've been there,i felt like crap,i didn't knew anyone here and when i arrived everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives. And i even asked myself if something was wrong with me or they were just stupid. Nobody here had a family,and beside that we were stuck in this awful place but even on top of that they were freaking laughing and looking like a cute Little family? Geez. I was mad at them. I was mad at me."

He was looking at me unmoving and my voice cracked but i continued.

"But i got over it and gaved them a chance. So...you know...take your time to get over it but not too much,it's not worth it. So yeah,thanks,bye."

I turned my back on him and walked out of the room as fast as I could but as soon as i got to the door i briefly dared to look at him over my shoulder just in time to see a tiny dimple appear at the corner of his mouth while he analysed the content in my box.

The one in the picture is Shawn

The one in the picture is Shawn. Thanks for reading! <3