7

"That ice cream was the best" i said in between laughter. Shawn had taken me to a cute little ice cream parlour about twenty minutes away from where i lived and had ordered me the best ice cream ever. We had a blast. We sat on the table inside the parlour as no one was really around with our ice creams on the table as we laughed at stupid silly storied we told each other in order to get to know each other better. It was kinda humid in the shop so i had tken my massive jacket off and Shawn had taken his jumper off, revealing his well defined muscles and a cute tattoo of a guitarre on his forearm. "Well im glad you liked it Iyla" Shawn said as he scooped up a spoon of my ice cream from my tub.
We were then quiet for a while, as we finished our ice creams. "Well i have to say Shawn, i was seriously contemplating your decision of going to an ice cream parlour in this freezing weather, but now i can honestly say im grateful". He smiled as he ate the rest of his ice cream from the tub. He looked so God damn cute that i didn't even think about what i was going to do next. It was almost like an automatic movement. I whipped out my phone, opened snapchat and took a picture of this cute ass guy sitting with me, but this seemed to annoy him? "Iyla what are you doing?" He said as he looked up from his ice cream and stared right in my eyes. He spoke in an almost demanding tone with an edge to it, as if he was playing along all this time and had just relieved himself. "I was just taking a picture to post on my story... Is that okay?"
"No. Please don't Iyla" he said with a pleading look in his eye. "Okay i wont" i said as i removed it from my story immediately, however this didn't stop me from saving that picture. I couldn't help to wonder why Shawn cared so much. Was it because he had a girfriend? I decided to let it go, but the rest of the evening wasn't the same anymore. It was alot quieter and alot less fun.
We decided to go after i had taken just a couple more spoons of my ice cream. After what had happened and the tone that Shawn had spoken in i decided that i wanted to go home. I'd had enough boy drama at home with Khalifa and my brothers, and if Shawn was gonna add to that drama then i didn't wanna deal with him.
As we pulled up to the drive of my house said a faint 'thank you' to Shawn and was about to go out when i realised Shawn's hand on my hand. "Iyla i honestly had an amazing day today and i really wanna take you out again." I just gave an ungenuin smile to him, still mad at the way he had spoken to me before. He probably sensed this because what he said to me next filled me with warmth. "And im really sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to snap at you like that, it's just so many girls have taken advantage of me and my position and have used me for my money and fame and shit, and i guess i didn't want you to turn out like that because i like you too much."
"Your money and fame?" i asked, completely clueless. "Oh iyla" was the only words Shawn said to me as he planted a kiss on my hand. That sent the butterflies that were in my tummy all over my body. This also lead to me giving Shawn the most biggest, fattest smile ever as i walked out of his car and into my house.
"How was your little outing Iy?" Said Yahyah as i entered the house. "It was good thanks"
"So whoose the guy then?" He said as he smirked at me. "It's just this guy that i met. Yahyah what do i do. I really really like the guy and i think he likes me too, but like im really torn. How would baba react? How would Eesah react?"
"Iyls if it's true love then you would've known from the start". I took these words into consideration. When i had first met Shawn we instantly clicked. It was like we knew each other for years the way we started speaking, and today just made it all the more amazing. I couldn't wait for our next 'date'.