Chapter 1

So before I get into the letter story, let me tell you a little about myself. Let's see um, I'm a girl, I am pretty tall considering my age, I like music, and yeah that's about it.

  I will never forget the day I got my letter. Here I am sitting in the living room waiting for the mail and all of a sudden I see a letter fall through my mail slot with the Hogwarts stamp. I remember reading the letter over and over.

I think Diagon Alley was very odd. I remember I got my robes first. They really don't have a lot of tall and lanky first years but of course you know my dad didn't mind paying extra for the robes. Then he took me to pick out my pet. I fell in love with a solid black owl with red eyes. I named him Vlad cause like the he had like this vampire feel to him ya know. I finally I make my way to the wand shop. I walk in and its very dusty and I don't really see the owner. Then all of a sudden I hear "wow! A McNabb hasn't walked in my shop in years" from the shelf to my right. I turn and the shop owner is walking to the front counter or at least I thought. He walks to the back meanwhile saying "Ah I have think I have the one". I couldn't hold it in "how do you know my dad?" He walks back with a small box. "I remember ever young witch and wizard that has walked through that door and the wand that chose them" he says opening the box. I gave him a odd look "Chose them?". He looked up "Yes, a 11 inch dark forest wood with a dragon heart core chose your father when he was just your age and your mother..". I cut him off "you knew my mom?". He looks at me with a smile "ah yes, your mother was the only witch or wizard with a pure unicorn wand. Here try this wand." I reach over and grab the wand and just hold it. "Its a 9in unicorn horn with dragon heart core. Go ahead give it a whirl." I look at him and then the wand. I kind of just flick my wrist that the wand is in and a whole shelf falls and I quickly set the wand back in the box and all I hear is the man " OH NO THAT IS NOT THE ONE!!" He grabs the box and walks very fast to the back and shuffles through the very dusty boxes and says "Maybe but it can't be. Well I can try" he walks back with a very old box and pulls out a dark wand and hands it to me. I pick it up. "Why is this wand so special? It looks normal". He looks at me with a concerned look " well the wand is a 12 in. Dark Forest wood with a unicorn hair core and the wood is the brother of your fathers wand and the unicorn hair is the the sister of your mothers wand" as soon as i flick my wrist a gold light glows around me. That was my wand experience.