m e m o r i e s

amaya 

day 10

"what exactly happens when you return after the thirty day mission, h.p?" i ask, lying on my bed just staring at the infinite distance.

sometime's people instantly find their ward. sometimes people don't. sometimes they do things that friends would do. sometimes they don't. sometimes they treat each other like strangers and never speak again because of the trauma from the t.d.m. sometimes they live together forever. it just depends on what kind of relationship you had with your ward when you two were split.

"i think he's my soulmate. does that mean anything?" i turn to my side to see the dimension split and grayson sleeping on his bed with the t.v. still playing his show and the light still on.

it could mean everything, it could be nothing.

"do we get to have a normal life? do we remember everything we went through?"

of course you can live normally, but not if you were traumatized. think about it, one of you came back from the dead. this doesn't just involve the ward and the guardian. it involves your family and the people who had to deal with the loss of you. it's not easy.

i guess it never really occurred to me how everyone else played a part in this. i can't imagine it. the look on my mom's face when i stand on her doorstep. i can't imagine what everyone will say to her. i can't imagine what the doctor's will think when i enter that hospital for a simple cold. i really just thought about grayson.

ironically, he stirrs in his sleep and awakes as he shifted closer to the light. he turns it off simply and tries to go back to sleep.

"will i ever see you, amaya?" he whispers.

i promtly get up from my bed and reach the split to whisper through it. yes. very soon. i just need you to stay with me.

. . .

"can you just stay the night, please." i beg him with my puppy dog eyes and my pouty lip.

"babe, i'm running out of clean clothes here. plus, i'm sure you don't need me. i'll be back tomorrow." he tells me pecking my cheek.

i hold onto his hand as his arm continues to extend.

"wait." i release his hand shocking him. "what if we lived together?"

"what?" he asks with wide eyes.

"it'd be perfect!" i grin from ear to ear, feeling myself light up with excitement. "think about it, we'd always be around each other. you'd have your stuff, i'd have mine. everytime you come home, i'll be right there. everytime i come home, you'd be right there. i could wake up to your morning hair, every morning." i ramble on, not even noticing the grin plastered on his face.

he comes close and places his large hand to cup my face while his other hand stays by his waist, gripping his denim jacket.

he makes really deep eye contact with me, still smiling.

"i love seeing you get excited. i'll definitely talk to ethan about it, okay?" he asks.

i nod and bite my lip. he kisses me softly and waves lightly before closing the door behind him.

i smile and close my eyes at the thought of living with him.

when i turn around, my body recoils at the sound of my door opening abruptly.

"we're moving in!" he says.

my eyes widen at him.
"what? you literally left for two seconds."

"babe, think about it. we'd always be around each other. you'd have your stuff, i'd have mine. everytime you come home, i'll be right there. everytime i come home, you'd be right there." we both smile at each other as he recites my ramble word for word. "and best of all, i could wake up to your morning hair, every morning." we touch noses and shake our heads to eskimo kiss. we both laugh at each other, but smile widely.

"go," i say pushing him out the door. "talk with your twin, dolan." i yell to him as he walks down the hall.

he throws up a thumbs up and i laugh.

several months pass and we found a place.

it was a rather small, but open place. it was cozy and modest. i fell in love with it the way i fell in love with him.

we were setting up our bedroom, when out of the corner of my eye, i see a box stashed away, already taking it's place in the closet. he's folding his clothes into the drawer with his back towards me, so i take the opportunity to walk towards the box. when i open it, noiselessly, i can see it's every single item that held a memory we shared together over time.

a birthday card.

one movie ticket.

a gum wrapper.

one of my hairties.

three polaroid pictures.

two tiny shells.

a single scrabble letter piece.

an eiffel tower keychain.

the charm bracelet i wore when i was a baby.

a petal from a sunflower.

"every single thing." he says, startling me as he's leaned up against the wall watching me.

"where's the baby picture of me then?" i smirk at him.

he makes a brisk, "oh" sound and reaches into his back pocket.

he opens his wallet and shows me a small pocket and pulls out the picture.

"so i always carry you with me."

i stand up and just hug him.

his embrace was something i wish i could make into a little trinket to keep forever, but i guess i'll just always have to remember what it feels like- priceless.

i smile into his chest when my arms meet around his waist so my fore finger and thumb can twirl around the ring on my finger- his ring.

SO LEMME EXPLAIN THE RING, IF YOU REMEMBER 15/16 YEAR OLD ETHAN AND GRAYSON, THEY BOTH WORE RINGS AND SINCE GRAYSON HAD LITTLE THINGS OF HERS OR MEMORIES, I IMAGINE HE GAVE HER HIS RING, SO NO IT'S NOT AN ENGAGEMENT RING IT'S MORE LIKE A PROMISE TO MAKING MORE MEMORIES KIND OF RING.