IV

Alex's P.O.V.
Its a Tuesday afternoon . I woke up at 12 and just sat on my bed . 

I feel restless . 

Useless . 

Mom comes home a few hours later and asks if I'm ready for her to take me to PT . 

I told her I wasn't up for it . 

I didn't text Zach, she didn't text Zach, no one texted Zach . 

Zach is probably not even thinking about me .

Zach's P.O.V.
After football practice, I went to the pool to get ready for Alex's PT session . 

He didn't show up .

 I waited 30 minutes, and than I called him . 

I got no answer, straight to voicemail .

 I texted him about 284737 times, no answer .

 is he ignoring me ? 

To find that out for sure, I drive to his house . 

His dad is working overtime and his mom is at the house so she lets me in and says Alex is upstairs . I knock on his door, which was cracked open, and he says to come in, but doesn't realize that it was me . 

He asks what I'm doing here . 

Are you fucking kidding me .

Alex's P.O.V.
I hear a knock on the door, assuming it's either my mom or my dad, I let them in . Little did I know, it was Zach .

What is he doing here ?

"What are you doing here ?," I ask .
"Why weren't you at PT ?," he asks .
"I didn't want to come today ."
"And why's that," he says . 

"Because I didn't want to fucking come ! Why do you even care anyways ? you got some time off from babysitting tonight . Isn't that what you want ? Some alone time ? You know, sometimes it feels like you're just with me because you have to be . I don't know . Maybe . Do you even like me ? Do you even like hanging around with me ? Do you even care ? The real reason I didn't go to PT today is because I know I'll never get better . The doctors even said so . IM A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT . Half of my fucking body doesn't work, my dick doesn't even work half the time, I can barely walk, I can barely even ride that stupid ass bike in the pool not even five whole minutes without being out of breath . I'm FUCKING USELESS . Oh and another thing, IM IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL NEVER LOVE ME BACK SO WILL YOU PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE . All this would have never been a problem if the job would've been done properly . If the job hadn't have failed . But look at me now, more miserable than ever before . It couldn't be any worse ."

Zach stands up, but doesn't leave . 

Oh no .

Zach's P.O.V.
I ask the question needed to be asked . 

And I heard the unexpected answer I should've expected .

I'm fuming .

He's opened a door he can't close . 

Here we go . 

"If you think I don't fucking care than go ahead, think that, but listen here . You are my best friend and i do not babysit you, i come here to hang out with you and to help you when needed . You're the most important person in my life, and you always will be . That's how it has always been . You have been my number one priority since day one . Before you attempted suicide, and after . It changes nothing . You are getting better . You're gaining more strength in your arms and legs everyday . Some days we just need to stretch you a little harder and push you a little farther . But I promise you you're making progress . and don't you EVER say you're a worthless piece of shit, because I know damn well you're not, and you know that deep inside too . Just because half of your body doesn't work doesn't mean shit to me . You're still Alex Standall, the one I know and love and you saying that about yourself hurts me . It really does . The fact that you don't even care about my feelings when you say that shit about yourself is hurtful .
How does it hurt me ? You're a part of me . The biggest part, actually . When I'm alone, I feel incomplete . I'm in need of you everytime I'm without you .You're smile makes me blush, and when we cuddle it's almost too much, and when you bury your head into my chest.... Jesus Christ . Alex, to be honest, I'm so glad you fucking failed . if you would've died, I would've died, because I wouldn't be able to live without you . Baby, you're my whole world ."

And now, I sit on the end of his bed .

I wipe my tears off my cheeks and I reach over to him, and pull him into my chest .
He starts to sob and my shirt is getting wet from all the tears . 

I pull him in tighter and I then, start crying again too .

We stay like this .