Author's Note

Hello~!

I'd like to start off by saying wow! I already have 50 votes! Thank you so much! And sorry this isn't a poem.

Ok, now the real speech. So I was on Instagram today (My username is MacAndChewbacca!) and went to the popular page when I saw a picture of an arm with cuts on it.

Curious, I tapped the image and looked at the account. What I saw scarred me for life.

Pictures of scars and bloody wrists were forever imprinted in my brain. I gasped in horror and scrolled down to find pictures of different sized razors.

I went to the most recent one and saw over 25 cuts! Some were deep, some were tiny. But in the comments, people were ASKING how did you get it that deep? Why would anyone ask that?!

So I told them that they shouldn't cut and guess what they told me? They said and I quote, 'Fuck off! Comment again and I'll block you!' And that's exactly what they did.

I was heartbroken. Not because I got yelled at, because an innocent human being was harming themselves. I wanted to help but they had blocked me so I couldn't say anything.

This got my gears working. Over 1,000 people have cutting accounts. Some want attention, some want pity, some want to be left alone. Yet they show themselves to other people.

I believe that a little tiny piece inside of every cutter wants to have happiness and be what they think is 'normal.' So that's why they cut. They are digging into their skin, searching for that happiness that they so desire.

Some barely scratch the surface, which leads to depression most of the time. But others carve their skin and feel their blood on their hands knowing that they went too far. Which causes insanity.

This is a message to everyone. And I mean everyone.

Nobody said that life was easy. Life wouldn't be life without pain and sorrow. It's a natural phase throughout human life.

So the next time you pick up a blade, remember this: Everyone loves you.

When God created man, He didn't intended to have us fight and create wars. He really didn't! God wanted us to be happy. And by being happy, we would love.

It's just three simple words. But it could change someone's life.

Please do spread this message to any of your friends that harm.

Lots of Love.

_Kenzie-Chan_