Prologue - Part 2

As he stood up straight the skirmish had already ended, stepping on the corpses of other human's, people who were alive merely moments ago.

The intoxicating stench of blood that fills the air would make, just about anyone feel nauseous. Yet there he stood.

His dirty dark hair all the way down to the ragged shoes he wore, they were stained red with blood.

With his right hand engrossed in the remains of gore, it flicked once hurling away torn flesh from within his finger nails.

All the while his beastly eyes glaring at a girl whom lay paralyzed on the ground, quivering in both in fear and pain. Disparity was written all over her face.

Her stunning like sapphire eyes along with that cute oval-shaped face. Even those are now all cloudy with sweat, tears and grime.

With a slender body of a mere child who was still undeveloped, she wore ragged clothes seeming like a prisoner's attire.

Breathing heavily as if she was gasping for air, the hand which held the collar around her neck trembled slightly.

She felt like she's in the verge of death's door.

But for some reason she felt this person was different from the others.

The man's aura, the intent that he gives off from his actions were somehow abnormal.

"W-Who...? Who ... are you?"

Enduring all the pent-up emotions within, she asked him.

It was the first time she heard the man speak.

"Forneus."

With a similar collar just like hers underlying around his neckbone, everything had just become clear. He was a prisoner just like her.

It was silly for a man to be named after a demon's. It would be downright inhumane.

Yet, she didn't think so.