1: Once upon a time, about three thousand years ago...

I was going to spend the summer with my grandma. Nice lady. Made chocolate-chip cookies for me whenever I was sick. She had called about a week before saying that she'd love to have company. My mom said that she was too busy to visit, which she wasn't. The only thing on her schedule for another two months was a marathon of her favorite sitcom. My dad (The actual busy one) was the parent who suggested that I go.

           I didn't protest. I new as much about my grandmother as a snail knows about aviation. Which is to say, not much. I called all my friends and told them that I'd be gone for about two months. A week or so later, My mom was driving me to Texas. We got to her house sometime around noon.  It wasn't exactly in the middle of nowhere, but the nearest town was five minutes away by car. The house was pretty normal. Nothing really special about it. The only remotely notable things were the elevator granny had installed ( it was pretty nice ) , and the important event that took place eight weeks into my stay.

       Granny had been acting weird. Not,like, standard elderly weird. She was CRAZY weird. Here's some of the things she said/muttered under her breath regularly:

"Crush the sparrow, tear the mouse to shreds..."

"Happy, happy, oh, too mundane..."

"You should try smoking. It gives the lungs a lovely tarnish."

See? Of course, I asked why she kept saying creepy stuff. And she got mad. REALLY mad. She locked me out of the house. I tried calling mom. No signal. I couldn't walk to town. I was scared. So I waited a while. When I was sure she had calmed down, I went back in via kitchen window. I can make it upstairs, I told myself, I can hide. I was about halfway across the kitchen when I heard this: "Where do you think you're going, mortal !?" It wasn't Grandma's voice. But it had her body. And she was covered in blood. I screamed. LOUD.  The thing lunged at me with a butter knife. I was too terrified to move. Within the next two seconds I was laying in a puddle of my own blood with the knife replacing my left eye and my "grandma" eating my innards. I died. It was painful. I wouldn't wish that fate upon even the worst of people.

       Tune in next time to hear the next part.