Chapter 1

Chapter one

Today's the big day. The big one seven. Of course, I have a party planned for later. But it would be great if I could spend it with my mother. She doesn't come over much. Only if she needs money, kinda sucks. As of 2 years ago, I've been living by myself. I stay in a tiny 2 bedroom, 2 door apartment building in Miami, Florida. The reason why it's a 2 bedroom is for my friends who like to crash at my place all the time. So I guess I don't really live alone. I rolled over and grabbed my phone turning off my alarm. Sighing, I finally decided it would be my best choice of action to get moving. As I swung my legs over the side of my bed, bracing for the impact of the cold wooden floor. Shivering, I quickly made my way to my bathroom.

Not wasting any more time, I turned on the water, making sure it was hot. I waited a minute before taking my clothes off and getting inside the tub. I sighed with relief, the hot water running down my sore back muscles.

Might stop going to the gym for a couple weeks, feel like I'm dying. I washed my body quickly, enjoying the warmth after I was down. I grabbed a towel off the rack and exited to bathroom, tip toeing along the floor as I walked back to my to put on clothes.

I stood in front of my full body mirror, checking to see if my clothes would be ok for today. Tight jeans, a long-sleeved grayish blue shirt with the shoulder cut out. Smiling to myself, I walked over to my Vanity grabbing a hair tie. I put my curly hair into a loose bun until I felt like doing it.

I searched around my room for my coco butter location. Even though I'm covering most of my body, I still get ashy. Don't wanna go to the store later and have my Carmel skin lookin white. That ain't attractive. I put on ankle high socks to stay off the cold floor.

As I headed towards the kitchen down the hall, I heard faint noises. Confused, I picked up my pace. On the island in the center of the kitchen, was a nicely wrapped box with a card under it. I stepped towards it. Pulling the card out from under the wrapped box, I read as I started to unwrap.

'Happy 17ths birthday baby girl!!!! This is a present from me, ur uncle and the kids! I really hope u like it. You won't feel as lonely!
Love you forever and always!
Aunty-'

I smiled down at the card and placed it off to the side. I wonder when they came over. I opened the flaps on top and stared down to 10 strange looking cats. I smiled at them.

'Knowing her, she probably gave me them because they were up next to be put down' I thought as I reached inside and picked up an orange tabby cat with dark markings all along his face and ears.

'Hm, also knowing my uncle he probably told her to get me the weird ones' I thought as I glance back at them. The one that caught my eye was an awfully big Maine coon cat.

His coat a dark blueish and 3 black lines under each of his eyes. The next one was a smaller Maine coon. Thin black lines ran along his washed brown coat,    acting like stitches and two thick lines on each of his front legs near his paws. His eyes caught my attention the most, the part thats usually white is a pale red and the iris a pale green as well.

Besides the first three, the rest didn't seem that odd. Expect a dark red Manx with dark brown eyes that looked alarming blank for a cat. He was also the smallest of them all. Maybe a runt.

In front of the Manx lay a all black Burmese cat with a orange face, playing with a yellowish Abyssinian cat. It's eyes a baby blue seemed to be glaring to the black one. That's when I noticed the black cat unable to open one of its eyes. Poor thang.