2

Summer is amazing. You get to do what you want, when you want. You can stay in your room for three days straight and say it was because you didn't feel like going outside, or go out and stay at your friends house for a week straight and go home. 

Summer is the greatest thing for a teenager.

However, the day Awsten's summer starts, he's awoken by the aggressive screaming of Jeremy McKinnon from A Day To Remember as his alarm went off. He chose the beginning of "Mr Highway's Thinking About the End" just because he says "wake up." He groaned and grabbed his phone, mentally scolding himself for not turning it off the night before. 

Awsten turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, as it was six in the morning. He closed his eyes and went back to sleep, trying to continue his dream. 

What felt like only minutes later, the boy's door was thrown open, the loud and obnoxious voice of his friend rang through his room. Awsten shoved his face in his pillow as Geoff pulled the sheets off of him. 

"Give them back you penis wrinkle," Awsten grumbled, rubbing his eyes and checking his phone, seeing it was now 11:04. 

"No you dick slit, now get up." Geoff says, wrapping the blanket around him like a cape and walking out of the room, calling "I'll only have breakfast ready if you bow down to me!"

Awsten chuckled, going on his phone and checked his Twitter and Instagram. He saw Geoff had posted the picture he took of all of them yesterday at The Cube and smiled. He liked it before getting up.

He heard Geoff yell from the kitchen "Stop liking my pictures you stalker!" making Awsten laugh loudly. He threw on a shirt and walking down the hall to where Geoff was cooking eggs. He can only make them scrabbled, which annoyed Awsten, but he was grateful for the effort. 

Awsten sat down at the table and Geoff gave him the eggs, smiling as he did so. He always thought it was cute that Geoff took pride in the little things he does. Awsten ate his breakfast, him and Geoff both scrolling through their phones. Geoff let out a small chuckles, Awsten looking up with a slight smile. 

Geoff held his phone out to the other, Awsten watching the video and laughing. The two kept showing each other the memes they saved on their phones, both laughing at the stupid humor. Once Awsten was finished with his food, he got up and quickly washed the plate. 

They walked to the living room, both sitting down. Awsten suggested they watch an Adam Sandler movie, Geoff agreeing reluctantly. The two sat really close together, Awsten throwing a blanket on the couch for the two and sitting back down with his friend. They both curled up as the movie began. 

Geoff thought nothing of it. The two were best friends and have been since Geoff had moved there from California. He first moved in the first grade. He used to be made fun of for having long hair. A lot of the boys said he looked like a girl. 

Awsten saw him crying at recess one day and decided to talk to him. Awsten didn't have any other friends besides Otto, but that's because the two have lived next to each other for years. The boys automatically clicked because they both were bullied and teased, which isn't the best thing to bond over at such a young age, but they laugh at it now. 

Either way, Geoff thought it was perfectly normal for two guys to be chilling with each other. They're best friends who do practically everything together. Nothing was weird between them.

After the movie finished, it was barely 2. 

"I'm hungry," Awsten whined, looking over to his friend. 

"I'm guessing you want me to buy pizza?" Geoff asks, Awsten nodding. 

"I'll buy wings if you do," Awsten chuckled, getting up and walking to his room. 

He threw on some jeans and pulled on his shoes before grabbing his wallet. He went back to the living room and grabbed his phone. He has the number for his favorite wing place saved in his contacts, so he clicks on the contact, listening to the ring for a few times. 

"Hey Awsten, the usual?" One of the employees answers. Most of them know his number from how often he calls, which his parents laugh at. 

"You know me too well," He chuckles. 

"They'll be ready in 30 minutes." the employee responds, Awsten confirming and hanging up the phone. 

Geoff had finished ordering the pizza online and the two waited for a while. They both sat in a normal silence, both contently looking at their phones as the T.V. played reruns of Full House.

Awsten was looking at some guy posing in front of a gym mirror, him liking the photo with a smile. 

"Oh, who's that?" Geoff teases, nudging his friend slightly. 

"I don't know, I just follow them." Awsten laughs, scrolling to the next picture, which was one of Otto and Grace kissing. 

"God, I wish I was in love like they are," Geoff says, leaning back into the couch again. 

Awsten nods and gets up, stretching before grabbing his wallet form the coffee table and walking to the door. He told Geoff he's going to pick up the wings. He left his house and rode his skateboard until he got to the bar. Of course, he never went there, since he isn't legally allowed to drink. 

Even at parties, Awsten was never one to drink. He likes to be in control of his body and would rather see everyone make mistakes that they won't ever learn from. 

Awsten got the wings and went back home, not before stopping at a Circle K and grabbing a Dr. Pepper for him and Geoff. He soon went back up his driveway, kicking his board to the side and opening the door. When he walked in, he saw his friend smile at him and that made him smile himself. Awsten set the food and drink down on the table and he grabbed them both plates. 

They watched more movies and ate their food. Awsten spent a lot of time looking at Geoff, but he didn't notice.