Chapter Two (Part 2)

We arrive at the school and there is a swarm of girls chatting and looking at a phone. When they see us they all look shocked. Jax and I shrug it off and Charlie winks at them and they all seem to swoon for him. Seriously some girls can just be idiots. Glares are then sent my way and I smile and wave in response. Kill them with kindness. One of them I assume to be the leader strengthened her glare and Jax notices. He steps in front of me and growls at them. I swear he is one odd boy. The girl looks shocked and backs down as Jax continues to shield me.

What happens next shocks me as Charlie steps out and holds my hand in order to protect me as well. I look at our hands clasped together in shock and he smiles at me. "don't worry I've got you" I smile as I melt into the moment. I have never had anyone apart form Jax who has had my back. It feels weird but a good weird. I like it. Jax snaps me out of my thoughts as he starts to growl at Charlie. I can't explain what happens next because I don't know. I just stand out in front of Charlie and growl back at him. He looks at me shocked and then turned into a puffer fish again and storming ahead of us. I look back at Charlie who is just staring at me blankly. I smile at him in the hopes he will just push past it but he doesn't he just stands staring at me, so I pull him in the school.

We weave through the crowd into the hall. I go to check my time table but Charlie whispers in my ear "you're in science with me lab partner" before I realise what is going on the roles are reversed and he is dragging me around corridors, past random doors and round many corners. I try to memorise it but I am in the maze of education, no one can escape it.

We finally arrive at a dodgy looking room that is in a mess. I walk in closely behind Charlie. A deep voice pierces the air "nice of you to join us Charlie and who might this be, with you?" I look in the direction of a scruffy looking man. His hair is all obscured and his lab coat all torn and ruffled. Charlie replies calmly "sorry Mr Thomas I was on my way to class when I bumped into Lexi here" he points at me and continues "she is new here and was lost so I stopped to help her and conveniently she is in this class." The teacher grunts in response and I follow Charlie to two empty seats at the back of the class. We sit down. I realise we are still holding hands. I try to let go by loosening my grip. Charlie looks down at our hands suddenly in response of the movement. I smile at him and he sheepishly let's go. A pink tinge pokes its way to the surface of his cheeks. I write my number on a spare piece of paper and slip it to him. His face seems to light up but is quick to hide it. I chuckle a little. "Is there something funny down there?" My attention is drawn to Mr Thomas and I shake my head suggesting no. He grunts in disapproval and turns to the board to continue teaching. At least he is a normal teacher, a unique fashion sense but a normal grumpy teacher.

Throughout the rest of the class we sat quietly occasionally slipping and sharing glances. I could feel my cheeks burning a red flame. It feels weird to feel this way about another person. I never let myself get close to people because I know I will only end up getting hurt like I always am. I think Charlie is different though. He is kind and funny but he is always there for some strange reason. I am interested to find out though.

Lunch time finally arrived and I ran to meet Jax. I pounced on top of him and he laughed trying to peel me off. "hello big bro!" I announce playfully. "hello idiot!" he replied smugly so I hit him in the arm "no need for name calling!" I see Charlie at the other end of the canteen waving for me to come over. I grab Jax by the arm and drag him over.

We arrive at the table and Charlie kisses me on the forehead I instantly blush and hang my head down low. Jax starts growling again and Charlie backs away. I look at Jax with a stern glare "stop growling!" I snap he looks at me startled and then nodded. I let out a breath I wasn't even aware was there and I hug him. "it's ok, I like it here" I whisper. I never thought those words would ever escape my mouth but it did and I liked it. He looks at me with a mixture of confusion and shock but he soon leaves it and hugs me back.

AN//

I tried with this part to make it shorter and I think it still is but it was hard to write. 

I am trying hard to develop thier characters please let me know if it seems weird and choppy I will try to fix it.

please vote and comment how crap it is.

Fizz out!