Chapter 22 (last chapter)

This is going to be the last chapter of this book but there is going to be a sequel to this book coming out soon called Shattered

________________________________________________________________

I unpacked and started my way down the elevator. Tons of girls were roaming around chatting, listening to music, studying, or minding their own business but no one stopped to chat with me. Everyone was in their own world.

I walked across to the dining hall that lots of girls and guys were quickly filing into. I stepped inside to the cool AC and loud noise of clinking glasses and talking.

Many tables were already full but there was one guy sitting all alone on the far left reading something on his phone.

I slowly made my way over to the round table and sat a seat away from him.

He looked up slowly then looked back down at his plate quickly.

I cleared my throat this was so awkward!

"Hi, my name is Tori, I am new here and was wondering how this dining hall routine works?" I folded my hands nervously and looked back up at him.

He eyed me for a second then set down his fork in his mac n cheese. He wiped his mouth with a white paper napkin.

"Hi. I don't think I am the one you want to be hanging out with here." he said finally looking at me for a second then continuing to look down at his phone.

I was puzzled.

"And why is that?" I asked him.

I studied his features while he took his time to think of an answer.

"I am not in the best crowd around here." He hunched over looking around, I think he was worried somebody would see me with him.

"OH, I am not worried about crowds here, that is actually the least of my worries here, I am more just trying to figure out how this place runs." I said softly hopefully making him feel more comfortable.

"Yeah, well this place runs very horribly and everything is corrupt. " I think he felt a little better because he was meeting my eyes now.

I nodded, what a surprise.

He held out his hand for me to shake and I accepted it.

"My name is Patrick." He had to be around my age, with short dark brown hair, nice build, soft skin, brown eyes, and an overall nerdy look.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled meeting his eyes, he looked a lot calmer now

"So, Tori you met anyone here yet?" he had finished his food and was now only concentrated on me.

"I met one girl...I can't remember her name but she helped me get my dorm room, but she had two different personalities."

I shuddered at the memory.