Chapter 13

Colton's POV
We were in stage 4 of lacrosse suicides. They were 10 of us left, including me, Leon, Summer, and Jay. Summer had stuck next to me through it all. We tied in the 3 miles. She won the agility course. I won the push-up stage though she was close to beating me. Now it was the last and most impossible course which only me, Jay, and Leon had finished the rest of the player collapsed in exhaustion half way. Summer didn't look tired at all instead she looked like was ready to run another 3 miles. 

I felt pride run through me Summer is so strong and independent. Though I was still angry at fact that all guys were staring at her. I wanted to cover her from the eyes of the other guys but she didn't care about them. I could see she was focused on winning.

"Okay break is over people. Let's get started shall we!" Yelled coach 

"Now all of you will go at once the first one to make it through the course wins! Understood!" We all nodded and I braced myself. The course was long with small parts to test you. The first part you had run through a small part of the first then in a clearing, you had to crawl. After you had crawled to the other side you had to swing across the mud pit. If you fall you have to start over and swing again. Then the last course was you had to run through the field where the other players who were out were through balls at you. Then you finally reach the pole and climbed up until you grabbed the flag and you were done. It was brutal but the school thought it was fine. 

"Okay. ON YOUR MARKS GET, SET, GO!" 

We all took off into the forest. I could see Summer running ahead avoid the tress her intoxicating scent trailing behind her. I ran faster to catch up. I could hear footsteps behind me. I ran faster and finally, I was next to Summer. Running beside her, I could see her smile. Running brought joy to her like me.

We ran out of the forest and onto the field again. Where we crawled underneath barbed wire which "wasn't sharp at all". Here you had to be fast and careful. We crawled and I could see Summer getting out first.  She ran towards the swings and I ran after her. I heard a yelp. I turned and saw Leon put his shoulder in the barbed wire. I stopped and mind linked him.

You okay? 

Yeah, I'm fine just a scratch. Hurry cause Jay is almost through and Summer is at the swings.

I turned and ran. I could see that Summer was starting the swings. I got on and tried to swing across. This part of the course was always hard for me because I didn't know how to swing. I slowly made it across and I could see Summer running across. Balls were flying past her but she avoided them like it was nothing. 

I pumped my legs and ran across the flying balls. As I ran I felt a ball hit me in the side, but I ran through the pain. I made through the other side and I could see that she was already climbing up her pole. I ran towards a pole and climbed fast. I was catching up to her. I could see the other guys already climbing too. Me and Summer we're climbing and finally, we're almost at the top. I could see her hand reach out for the flag. I reached out for mine and then I heard a scream. I saw that Summer was falling down with the flag in her hands. 

I jumped off the pole and ran towards her falling. I catch her before she had hit the ground. 

"Summer!? Summer!? Are you okay?" She opened her eyes and looked around. 

"Am I dead?" She grinned. 

"No, but you won."I smiled and held her tight almost like she was gonna disappear from me. 

"Cole. Air. Air" I was hugging her too tight. I put her down and let go.

"What happened? Why did you fall?" I looked at her worried. 

"I don't know. I grabbed the flag and I was gonna slid down but I felt a ball hit my back. I lost my grip and the next thing I knew I was falling." I looked around and no one was near enough to hit her. 

She is safe at least James tells me. 

But for how long? 

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the really late update. I have just been working on my other book. Make sure to go check it out its called The Agency. Hope you guys liked this chapter. 

Don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow.

Love you guys!