Chapter 7

Hello, here's a very long and exciting chapter for you. Please ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes because I haven't proofread it. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yagiz: "How are you?"

Hazan was numb with shock. She knew he'd be looking at her and watching her but for some reason she had thought he would not come up to talk to her. Hazan's senses went into a turmoil; they reacted as if there was an emergency. She stared at him for a few moments and then lowered her eyes. But still she couldn't find the courage to get up.

Yagiz waited for Hazan to respond, looking at her. She had lowered her eyes and her grip on her phone was tight. When it was apparent that she wasn't going to respond, he started again.

Yagiz: "Hazan, I was very surp-"

He broke off as Hazan picked her bag and ran towards the entrance. But as she was turning, Yagiz saw her eyes full watered.

He felt as if someone had shot him. Even when he was near her in the past, he could never tolerate tears in those pools of black. He could never watch her cry. He would do something, anything to make her smile again.

Now, although she had maintained her composure throughout the interaction, she had let her guard drop at the last moment. And in that moment, he had seen tears in her eyes, pain etched on her every feature. The knowledge that he couldn't go and comfort her right now, hold her tightly to himself, run his hand through her hair while she cried on his shoulder, place a kiss on her forehead, hold her face in his palms, and tell her while looking into her eyes that he would fix this for her, hurt like hell.

But it didn't kill him as much as the knowledge that the reason for those tears in her eyes was him.

He rested his elbows on his thighs and held his hair in frustration.

God damn me, God damn me. What state have I brought her into? When did I become such ruthless?

He rubbed his hands on his face and hung his head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazan half-ran and half walked towards the washrooms. She had controlled herself while sitting there but not for long. As she entered the washroom and looked herself in the mirror, she saw tears all over her face.

It was now that the flurry of emotions hit her.

Anger and pain.

How are you?! HOW ARE YOU? How dare he ask me that? How dare he come up to me?

She looked into her eyes staring back at her from the mirror and her face reflected months-old memories of her lying in bed for days and crying. A jumble of images from those days floated in her mind and she started wiping her tears.

"No more crying because of him. You have already cried enough for him." She said to herself and washed her face.

"No more crying for him," she repeated as she went out. "No more-

Bam! She bumped hard into a solid rock and looked up to see it was Kuzey's chest.

Kuzey lowered his arms which had went around her and looked at her face.

Kuzey: "Hazan, are you crying?"

Hazan: "No, I was not. I-I was-"

A sob resurfaced again at that moment and she fell silent.