✦ zero ✦

Harry Styles was born to a middle class family in 1994 in England, during one of the biggest cartel scandals the world has ever seen. By the time he was only 3, he'd seen his mom and his sister murdered separately, and his father kill multiple people. Though he didn't remember it all that well, he was still scarred by the horrid tragedies.

To say he lived an abnormal life was an understatement. When he was 9, his father put him in foster care, signing all his rights over all while promising Harry he'd come back for him. Harry lived out the next 9 years waiting on his father, yet he never returned.

In those 9 years, Harry lived in 13 different homes. Every foster parent who took him brought him back within a couple months. He was absolutely unbearable, especially once he was higher in age. A scarred kid with a troubled past wasn't particularly one who fit in with the loving family scene.

As soon as he turned 18, he disappeared from the children's home; not a single trace of his existence left. He'd taken files and wiped computers clean of all his information. To the department of human services and the foster care center, Harry Styles never existed, yet no one knows how he did it in only a single night.

Starting from the age of 18, he worked under the radar; helping criminals clear records, helping lawyers clear evidence against their clients, and even helping wipe an entire person out of the FBI's database so that they could fake their own death.

He's always heavily armed and he's always potentially dangerous. No one ever knows what he'll be doing next, not even him until he takes the job. The name Harry Styles has no meaning to anyone, but his crimes are assumed to be legends and stories, and common town folk don't believe he's even real. He's never been caught, never left a trace or trail behind. He's stone cold heartless and too intelligent for his own good. He's overkill.

✦ ✧ ✦

Daniella Remington was born in Nevada in 1995, to rich parents who were ridiculously protective of her. That was until her father disappeared mysteriously and her mother married a new man.

The first 6 years of her life were wonderful. Her loving parents wanted nothing but the best for her. She went to a private all girl's school and got everything she wanted and needed.

One evening her father never returned home. He didn't show up after a week, a month, not even a year. The police never got involved, and when Daniella was only 8, her mother married a new man; someone Daniella had never seen before.

After this new man arrived, things changed. Her mother never acknowledged her anymore and her now step-father was terrible. He was strict, harsh, and forced her to stay inside and be homeschooled. The rules were ridiculous and there were many.

Just 5 years later, when she was 13, she tried running away. She thought she'd done perfectly and had finally escaped her horrible parents, but soon realized she'd only made things worse for herself.

Her step-father found new uses for Daniella once he brought her back home. He claimed she'd be the perfect source of income and he and his wife would never have to work again. Videos and photos began to surface for sale of young Daniella, at first just her in petite little outfits, but then completely bare.

The next five years of her life were spent locked up downstairs, in a small room with only a bed and a bathroom. She ate once a day if she was good, and forced to skip days if she was bad. She did whatever her mother and step-father asked, because she knew the consequences of disobeying would be horrible.

She didn't see outside for 12 years. She didn't leave her house for 12 years. That first day she finally escaped, finally 18 and free; she fled. As far as she could. As far as the busses would take her with no money.

Her troubled past didn't stop her from making herself something. She works and has her own life now, though she's legally changed her name to Naomi Watson.

✦ ✧ ✦

Two people, two completely different parts of the world, two stories; seemingly unconnected yet terrifyingly webbed together.

This is overkill.

✦ ✧ ✦
Copyright © 2018 Sweeney
All Rights Reserved