3. At Last

Janet's POV

I can't believe what I just did. 17 years of purity and innocence and I threw it away like that. Not that I'm at all ashamed. Shocked, actually. Shocked that I made it this far into my goal of straying from indecency until marriage. Shocked that I waited this long to kiss Brad. At last, he was mine!

I first noticed him freshman year, when all the jocks would push him around. He always had those big glasses, and I thought they were the cutest things ever.

I actually started to have romantic urges toward him in our refresher course. The way his dorky glasses would slant down his nose when he was concentrating, or the way he nervously shook while giving a class presentation. I wanted him so bad. (What was it about his nerdy physique that was so damn attractive to me?)

I saw the grades on his tests every time I passed them back to him, so I formulated the perfect plan to reel him in. And as I stand here, smoothing my skirt and slicking back Brad's hair, I know it was a success.

I realize that I may seem kind of trampy, but Brad is so different. I know he is just as pure as me - well he WAS 10 minutes ago.

After Brad questioned my stopping him from getting to second base, I made sure he understood that it was only because I wanted to stay (somewhat) pure until marriage.

"Thank you, for that," Brad said, shuffling his feet on the sticky floor.

"Sure thing," I said, as I stood on my tippy toes to peck his cheek.

"So, where does this put us?"

"I don't know, you tell me," I said playfully, gazing into his baby blue eyes.

He looked at me, utterly confused, and struggled to respond.

"I-I-I-I..." He stuttered, tugging at his collar.

"Don't worry, Brad, darling. I'm only toying with you. Why don't you pick me up from my house at 8 pm this Saturday and well see from there."

A big smile spread across his face. He pushed my curls back behind my ear.

"S-s-s-sounds wonderful. S-s-s-see you on Saturday. A-a-a-at 8 pm sharp." He stuttered, a smile slanting between his cheeks.

I giggled and bit my lip. The bell that signaled the end of school rang, and I wrapped my arm around his as he reached for the door. It didn't budge.