Chapter 2: The Beginning

Downtown , Brooklyn
Same Day
7:45 pm

Downtown , Brooklyn Same Day 7:45 pm

Mani West

I walked and walked until I found myself in this busted restaurant by the water. I needed some type of view of the water to clear my mind because clearly the blunt I smoked my way here wasn't helping. A million thoughts a second crowding my head and I was so deep into my shit that I ain't even realize the waitress that's been here tryna get my attention for a minute now.

"Hello." She said waving her hand in my face. "Can I get you something?" She was clearly annoyed with trying to get my attention, I seen it in her face and heard it in her voice.

"Just a water for now." I said not even looking in her direction. She stared at me for a minute before going for the water.

I honestly didn't have an appetite to eat. The only girl I'd plan on ever marrying really grew fed up. You see, the thing about Chassidy is she's too easy to please and has such a big heart that she has given me hundreds of chances despite how dumb the shit I do is, so I never really thought she'd break up with me. I mean yeah I was distancing myself from her but that's how I get when it comes to the arguing and the bad vibes and shit. I told her months ago that if she'd continued this shit, that would be the outcome. She doesn't get how much of a toll it all took on me because she was my rock. I depended on her energy to lift me up and along with the other shit I was going through in college, she just wasn't making shit better. All I wanted was the bond we started two years ago. Shit was so much easier then.

_________________________________

Bedstuy , Brooklyn
Saturday , 8:39 pm
April 26 , 2018
2 years earlier .....

Bedstuy , Brooklyn Saturday , 8:39 pmApril 26 , 20182 years earlier

Chassidy C.

"Come on C, we're going to be late, like how many pictures you gonna sit here and take." My older sister Geneva said impatiently.