Chapter 3

The next day
1:15 pm

Chassidy C.

I'd just woken up due to the sun peeking through the window and hitting my face. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom to do my morning regimen. I brushed my teeth, washed my face , combed my hair into a sloppy bun and put on a charcoal mask that I had to let sit for at least half an hour.

I went back to my nightstand and grabbed my phone waiting for the mask to set, seeing a couple of notifications from different apps but only one was what I was hoping for.

Manityb : lmao, your sister is retarded, wassup with you though?

Smiling to myself, I thought of a response. I know you're probably looking at this like what's the big deal? But if you're a fem, you truly know that you can't seem too thirsty but you don't wanna be too nonchalant when dealing with aggressors, they got the dumb mindsets of niggas. I locked my phone mentally setting a reminder to text her back once I got back upstairs and just headed down to be met with Geneva and my mother on the couch in the living room.

"Well would you look at Ms Sleeping Beauty. Your sister answers my phone calls before my own daughter."

Okay okay, I know what you're probably thinking. What does she mean by my sister answering the phone and not her own daughter? Geneva and I have the same dad but not the same mom. It's a weird ass triangle that I don't want to get into details about at this particular moment but her mom and mine are good friends who just happened to sleep with the same guy. And you're also probably wondering why don't I answer her calls. My mother has been controlling all my life. Not the regular parent controlling, but just overly obsessive with knowing every single piece of detail that goes on with me giving me absolutely no privacy. She wants to dictate every part of my life and anything that I may like that she doesn't causes horrible arguments. From young she's always been verbally abusive and she makes the smallest shit the biggest deal. The icing on the cake is when she found out I was gay going through my phone some years back and we constantly bump heads on that topic because she's homophobic. She's either always tryna blow low jabs about it when she's in the middle of yelling at me for a whole other topic or she swears it's a phase. Once I turned 18 I wasn't having none of that shit, I moved in with my sister and went to a 4-year college downtown, it wasn't my dream school but I had to make due with the circumstances.

"Good morning mother." I said sarcastically, walking straight past both of them and going in the kitchen to find something to eat and of course she follows me into the kitchen.

"You ain't too grown to get slapped, legal or not, under my roof or not, whenever you see me you're gonna respect me you ungrateful ass." She spat at me. " You see this?" She raised her shirt up showing me her C-Section scar, " I made you, remember that."

I watched her with not even a bit of care as to what she was talking about and grabbed cranberry juice out the fridge.

"  And for that I thank you so much for being the best mom anyone could ask for, you're the best." I said giving her the fakest smile and walked passed her to go back to my room.

I went upstairs to start getting ready to leave out when I realized I hadn't texted Mani back.

Keepingupwithchass : Getting ready to go out for some food, I'm starving .

I locked my phone and proceeded to get ready. I just threw on some jeans and a tank top and some slides  for the nice weather today. I grabbed my keys and hurried out the door so I wouldn't be bombarded with questions about my whereabouts.

I stepped outside, snapped a quick selfie and went about my day.

________________________________________________________________________

Starett City, Brooklyn
11:08 am

Starett City, Brooklyn11:08 am

Mani W.

"Mani get up we're gonna go see your nana." My mother knocked on my door. "Okay." I mumbled back. I'd had the worse hangover but I needed to see my nana, it's been a minute.

"Kim you gotta go. Climb out the back." I whispered to her shaking her up .

Last night, well earlier this morning, as I left the party Kim called me begging to come over to fuck of course and well I just couldn't resist because being high and drunk off Hennessy definitely brung out a different kind of freak in me. I snuck her in and locked my bedroom door so my mother wouldn't walk in on us. I mean she knew I was messing with somebody but Kim just wasn't material to meet my mom especially with the fact that I was on the verge of dumping her ass.

"Mani, are you serious? it's early as fuck." She groaned turning over.

"Yes I'm serious, I gotta go out with my moms and she don't needa see you. By the time I'm out the bathroom you better be out." I said getting out the bed.

"How long you plan on hiding me for because I don't got time for this shit." She spat.

"Man don't start your shit, this ain't the time." I said sucking my teeth.

I closed my door quietly behind me and went to my moms door just to make sure she was in there getting ready which she was. After about 30 minutes, I'd taken a shower and did all the freshening up I needed to do. I came back to my room empty and threw on something quick. Once I got in the car, I turned my phone on and seen all the notifications, and one in particular caught my eye. It was Chassidy from last night. I shot her a quick snap and went about my day.

__________________________________________________________________
AllGoldPrincess

So guys I promise after this chapter, the chapters will be long. One more thing is I'm changing chassidy's and mani's characters to people who I feel has more similarities to us personally and help bring out the story.

Thanks in advance, enjoy!