chapter 12

Kenzies pov

I woke up at 2 in the afternoon. My head was pounding and I had remembered that I had to be homework that was due tomorrow. I quickly grabbed my bag and went outside . My daddy set up a patio swing on the side of the houses a while ago and ive always sat there and studied. I was half way done with my homework when I looked up to see Madison and Dillon talking outside. Dillon had her pinned against his truck and they were kissing. Disgusting.

They stopped and looked at me. Madison hugged him and walked towards me. I gathered my stuff and tried to get in before she got to me but I was too slow.

"Hey kenzie, what's up?" she asked. I ignored her and tried to shut the door.  She put her foot in between.

"Leave Madison. "

"Why?" I was getting mad.

"WHY?! Well um lets see maybe because your a bitch and you are dating me ex boyfriend!"

"First of all im not a bitch. and second,  why do you care. Its not like youre dating him anymore. "

"Youre my fricking cousin, it doesnt matter. You dont do that!"

"You broke his heart,  you dont care about him. And ya im your cousin but taylor was a brother to him!" Thats it I lost it. I didnt mean to brake his heart.  I was actually trying to protect him. I opened the door and got closer to her.

"You dont know two shits about the situation so why dont you get out of it." we were basically in each other faces.

"Honey,  im obviously in this because your ex turned to the prettier one, me." Then I punched her. She punched back. We began fighting on my front lawn. We fell and she got on top of me. she banged my head against the concrete and punched me repeatedly in the stomach. I began coughing up blood, but I wasnt giving up. I got up and pushed her to the ground and got on top ofbher. I jerked her head side to side, pulling chuncks of hair out. I punched her in the lip one more time before I was pulled off of her. I looked up to see Dillon.

"Dillon get off of me!" I yelled but he threw me on the ground away from her. He helped her up and hugged her. I then walked towards the door and she followed me. Dillon didnt even try to stop her. He let her  run after me. I quickly shut the door and locked it. I fell to the ground and started gaging. Then I opened my mouth wide and blood poured out. I grabbed my stomach in pain.

Then I heard a loud bang. I looked out the window and Madison was trying to break it. She was banging on it with her fist and the frame was getting looser and looser. I panicked and ran upstairs. I ran to my parents room and grabbed the closest gun. I then ran back outside and opened the door. I was standing on the front step, the gun pointed to Madison.

"Madison,  im not planning on shooting you but I will if I have to. Now you have 5 seconds to get off my property. " she  luaghed.

"Shoot me," she said still laughing. she was literally crazy. I pointed the gun at Dillon who had his hands up in surrender.  I began crying. Something that I didn't do often. I never thought that id be here pointing a gun at Dillon. I thought I would be getting married someday. I was wrong.

"Leave Dillon, and take Madison with you." he walked towards Madison and tried to pick her up but she pulled away and ran right towards me. Everything went in slow motion. Her face was scary. Then without thinking I pulled the trigger.

   Bang!

"Kenzie!! No!!" Dillon yelled but it was too late.