Chapter Two: Unfamiliar Ground

Swish. Swish.

Was that... The sound of waves?

Swish. Swish.

But... It can't be.

I shook my head in disbelief, coughing up some sand that had somehow gotten into my system.

Did I dare open my eyes? No.

But in the end, I did.

I was on the coastline, sand covering me like a blanket. I quickly shook the sand off, and glanced back at the world behind me.

The Sea of A Thousand Currents. My only home. The only one I had ever known and had ever made memories in.

A large piece of pale green coral floated its way over to the coastline, where it stopped and settled down within the sand. Scattered in the Sea were many other different colors of coral, all varying from a crimson red to a bright yellow.

This must be... The aftermath of the storm...

I stared out back at the sea for what seemed like forever. This was the remains of my home after a storm that destroyed everything I knew, and separated me from everyone I'd known and loved.

For once, I felt alone.

I reminded myself of what I had just been through, and what I was going through currently.

My parents were missing.

My home was destroyed.

All of my clan had split up and flown away to escape.

I was caught up in the storm, unable to escape, and I was knocked out for quite a bit of time before I had woken up on the beach.

To be honest, I thought I would've died in that storm.

Drowned in the water, body floating lifelessly on the surface, and no one would know that I had passed away.

I wouldn't had been able to say my last words to anyone before I was silenced, so when I awoke from unconsciousness I was shocked that I still existed in this world as a living vessel of life.

And I wasn't going to let this opportunity to go to waste. Not when Tidelord had granted me one last life.

I wanted to make use of it as much as I could.

And I would do that by searching for my parents and finding a new home for our clan. Although I knew that it would be hard to find everyone and bring them back together, I knew that we could start fresh with new members and hopefully put an end to the trouble we'd been through.

The sadness that had filled be earlier was washed away by the new wave of determination filling my soul. It was like a cold blue flame midst the waters of my body, and I don't plan on burning it out anytime soon.

With a single glance back at the ocean that I once called home, I spread my wings, and jumped, letting the wind carry me to wherever it planned on bringing me as I flew into the bright blue sky of Sornieth, bright white clouds dappling the sky.

I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't mind at all.

Only Tidelord truly knew where I was headed in both direction and my future.

~~~

Alright guys! This is where I'm going to need some of YOUR dragons to help Fade out here! Just comment down below which dragon you want to be featured and a little bit about themselves and I'll see if I pick you and where I can go from there.