4| Suppose To Be

Israel Ali

Gripping Sanaai's hand tighter as we rode to my grandmas house, we were coming from the airport and to say I was nervous was an understatement.

I was nervous for my grandma to meet Sanaai and I was nervous because I know my grandma going to want me to be lowkey because the police might be looking at me as a key target too and she can't lose two grandsons.

Pulling up to the older house on the east side of Baltimore which is the city. My grandma lived in this older brick house by greenmount avenue.

The Uber got the car and opened the door for us and then opened the trunk.

"Thank you." Sanaai said for both of us because she knew I was speechless and I've barely been talking.

Grabbing all of our bags I told Sanaai to follow me as we walked up the steps of my grandma house as the stairs made a noise.

Knocking on the door, the elderly tall women about 5'8 opened the door, her chocolate skin with barely any marks or wrinkles. She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Hey baby, I missed you and hey Ms. Thang back there how you?" She kisses my cheek and turns to Sanaai.

"How you doing? I'm Sanaai, Izzy's Fri-"

"Girlfriend." I corrected her.

"Don't correct her if she ain't wanna be correct dumb ass but nice to meet you baby. I'm Shirley. But call me Meemaw."

"Okay Meemaw." Sanaai laughs a little as my grandma grabbed Sanaai has and basically stole my whole girlfriend.

When I emerged into the house it was filled with really anybody but just the kids including my daughter.

Walking more into the house after I closed and locked the screen door I seen my sister on her phone scrolling and typing fast.

"Penny you ugly as shit." I joked as she snapped her head and then rolled her eyes seeing it was me. I sat my bags down by the couch that's by the door as I walked closer to my sister.

"Next time don't leave yo bad ass child at my house that muthafucka never sleep." She joked.

"Don't talk bout my baby like that."

"She is bad, she tore my house up terrible two neck ass."

We both laughed as she got up and hugged me, then I seen Sanaai helping my grandma cooking. Shaking my head because Sanaai couldn't even get herself situated and my grandma already making her into a house slave.

"That's all you?" My sister asked as I sighed and nodded.

"Why you sighing for!" She punched me.

"Nah not a bad sigh it's just I can't believe still here after everything I did."

"Ohhh that shit, I told you to stop, I've seen her Instagram her followers starting to catch up to yours from her modeling I had seen you on her instastory but I didn't know if she a groupie or a real thing cause you never post her."

"I know I'm tryana keep everything lowkey til I finish fighting with my demons."

"Well you need to hurry up, cause she bad and I'll still her foreal dummy."