Coming up with a plan

It's been 2 weeks since Alex told me about her brother. We've been hanging out at her house a lot but only when her brother's not home. She tells me he has "business" to do and sometimes he doesn't come home for days . Of course I was curious about that but I didn't ask anything about it and just ignored it.

We are gonna go to her house today because her brother isn't gonna be home until 12:00am around there. I usually leave her house by 7 so that's enough time for us.

———————————————————

We came to Alex's house straight after school. Alex's room was a big cozy room filled with plants and action figures. She really loved anime and superheroes. Which was fine with me because I enjoyed both. She had a few drawings on her white walls which went with the whole aesthetic of her room.

Right now we were trying to decide on a movie to watch downstairs in the living room. Her dad had the nightshift at the station. He was a cop. Which meant we had the house to ourselves. I thought It'd be a good idea to watch a horror movie with a dark empty house. Alex was scared of the thought but still agreed to my plans.

We finally decided on "The Counjouring 2". We were midway through the movie when the front door was slammed. We both jumped and turned around.Then right in back of us was a tall dark figure. We both yelled so loud that I'm pretty sure the whole town heard us.

The light was turned on and then Aleck stood there looking angry. After calming herself down Alex processed everything that just happened and looked at Aleck then at me with a horrified look. I would've been calmer if it was a ghost or demon standing there instead of Aleck.

"What the fuck is she doing here ?" Aleck said full of hatred. Alex whole face expression changed and she didn't look scared at all.

"None of your business " she said annoyed. Her whole mood changed and she looked very angry.

"Well she needs to get the fuck out of here!" He yelled. I was debating weather I should just get up and leave but when I tried to Alex held me back.

"No she doesn't this isn't your house. It's not always what you want !" Alex yelled back at him.

"I'll handle it my own way then just like I did with Vanessa." He said before walking up the stairs. I was curious of who Vanessa was but at the same time I was scared as shit so I decided that it was time for me to leave.

"I'll just leave now. We can finish the movie another time " I told Alex.

"Okay. I'm sorry again about my brother. He's an asshole." Alex said with an apologetic look.

"Is fine I have to be home anyways because of my dad."I said.

"Byeeeee" I said walking out the front door.

"Bye bye ugly " she replied

I got on my bike and left home. When I got in my father was there sitting on the brown recliner in our living room. I could tell he was drunk because the empty beer bottles next to him gave it away. I tried walking quietly passed the living room to go to my room.

"Where the fuck were you ?" He asked with slurred words.

"I told you I was gonna go to my friends house " I replied with no emotion. I went to walk to my room but he stood up.

"Where do you think you're going ?"

"I was gonna go to sleep I'm tired and I have school tomorrow"

He stood right in front of me."You know you look just like her" he said brushing his hand through my hair and then caressing my cheek. Afraid he'd do something I just stood there.