Chapter Six

Ash had been taking a while when I got worried. Did Brandon hurt him? What the hell is going on? All of a sudden I get a text.

Ash: Come on up.

Me: Okay.

Either this meant Brandon was good or Brandon was bad and had Ash's phone. I went inside and up to the room. I knocked, not knowing if it was unlocked or not. When the door opened it was Ash, Brandon sitting on the bed. "Is he-" I whispered to Ash, Interrupted by his nod signaling yes. Thank god.

Brandon is on our side.

I walked into the room and sat on the floor next to the bed, with Ash leaning against the wall facing us.

"What happened?" I asked the two of them.

"Brandon told me who he knows is in 'The Zoo'," Ash said with a face I couldn't read.

"So?" I asked waiting for them to spill.

"You aren't going to like it," Ash said. I looked up at Brandon who wouldn't look at me.

"What? The worst-case scenario it's my dad or something. Tell me." I said looking between them.

"Sean," Okay that made sense.

"Zoe," he said with a sad voice.

"You're kidding me, right? Zoe is my friend." I said rubbing my neck.

"That's not all." He said. Who could possibly be worse than-

"Jake." 

My stomach dropped. I started to tear up but I couldn't let them see me cry. I slowly stood up and left the room, drowning out the screams of my name. I started running until I came to the end of a hall and sat against the wall. I was crying, being weak. My head was in my hands when I heard Brandon yell, "I found her!" he came and sat beside me. He put his arm around me and brought me into his grasp.

"I trusted him. I didn't want to be with him, but at one point I was in love with him." I said wiping away my tears.

"I know, I know you did. And I'm gonna kick his ass for doing this to you." He said kissing my head.

I got up, and we walked back to the room. Ash was there waiting.

"Took you two long enough." He smiled.

"Slight problem," I said and they both looked at me curiously.

"How are we gonna tell the others? Hailey wouldn't stop going on about how much she wanted to kill you." I smiling.

"Oh yeah! That was the Fighter-Hailey stage. She said that you were such a dick and she started training so she could kick your ass." Ash said. "She quit after a week because it was too tiring.

Brandon looked at both of us with a fake face filled with fear.

"Well, first of all, we should leave. Want to go to the café?" I asked.

They nodded in agreement and I got my stuff together. Brandon didn't have much but he did as well. We drove over to the café and waited for the others who I had previously texted while in the truck. We walked inside and they were all there. Hailey, Elisia, and Hawk.

"What the hell is he doing here? And why are you with him?" Hailey asked getting up. I could already tell she was about to get very overprotective.

I had told her and Elisia about the night, how we had kissed and then he hurt me. Elisia felt horrible, but of course, knowing Hailey longer she went into the fighter-Hailey phase because she was pissed off about the fact that he had hurt me.

"We have to talk. Don't kill him before we're done, okay?" I said as we all went and sat down.

"Fine. But this better be good." She replied.