-48-

"Okay,"

The police officer sighed and leaned back in his chair. A small chorus presented by the creaking of old furniture.

"State your name, time of event, and relation to... Lets see here... Jayden Yuu?"
"My name is Paul and-"
"Paul? Do you have a last name?" The officer asked jokingly.
Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Paul responded.
"Paul White. It was after school, I'm not sure exactly when... I've been Jayden's friend since preschool."

The officer was about to speak again but before he could utter another word, out came a dark-skinned woman around her forties sporting a pixie styled hair cut.

"WHERE ARE THE OFFICERS INVESTIGATING THE MISSING CASES!? GET YOUR ASSES IN HERE NOW!"
Motioning towards the office door in which she emerged from.
Paul notice the sign on the door and recognized her to be the chief.

"...Here we go." The officer states mournfuly and immediately gets up for the sudden meeting.

[ BAM ]
The aggressive closing of the door rang throughout the chief's office and jolted awake everybody within.
The chief stood menacingly at those before her.

"48"
...

"Ring a bell? Anyone?" She gestured around the room.

[ BOOM ]
She slammed her fist on the table before her.
"48!"

"48 people have gone missing already and what have you've got!? NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
48 MISSING CASES BECAUSE YOU MORONS CAN'T EVEN GIVE ME A SINGLE BODY REPORT. WHERE. ARE. THEY."
...
Silence. All across the room.
...
The chief huffed in anger.

"Just... Get out. All of you. Go do something useful for once."

Paul saw the same officer who asked him questions approach looking dejected.

He sighed. A sigh that seemed to have lasted forever.

"That's all we need. You can go home now. I assure you that we will do everything we can to find your friend."
"Thank you officer...um-"
"Bradley"

After watching the teenager exit the station, officer Bradley looked over to the missing case files.
That's when he saw it.

The first missing case.

"Maybe this is a lead..." he said to himself, "After all, it's when this all started...the first to go missing."
Bradley then thought that looking into where she lived will be a good start.

After much digging, officer Bradley found himself standing infront of the girls house who went missing.
According to his research, the girl's mother should be here as well.

[ Knock - Knock ]
To his surprise, the door opened rather immediately.
The officer was then greeted by a raggity woman that had the stench of a sewer and a thousand beer bottles.
She wobbled her way to the door frame and peered up at him through her stringy salt and pepper hair.
Grinning, she spoke first.

"Ohhhh my! Wadda we have here? A man in uniform" a smile showing her rotted teeth, she continued. "Heyyy
Hows bout buyin me a drrink?"

She nearly stated without hiccuping,
A mole hanging on for dear life at the edge of her chin. Still she smiled. A crooked smile.

"Uh, Mam? It's 8am. Don't you think it's too early to drink? Besides you look like you still have a hangover."
She laughed.
"Nah man. I never have a hangover, you have to get sober for that."
Bradley cleared his throat and remembered what he was there for.
"Mam, I'm here on behalf of your daughter who went missing."
...

The lady had on a poker face. Or maybe she looked confused...

"... I don't have any kids."

(A/N)
I guess you could say that those police did their job very,
... Bradley!
Ha. Get it? Bradley ➡ (Badly)
...
I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN.

This might have been a little rushed as well but I'm kind of getting back into the swing of things I guess.
And I know, "But"'s are no excuse and at the end of each "but" there's and asshole. But I assure you, I'm no asshole. I'm just lazy.