Chapter 1

Mason, Corey and Liam were over the Dunbar-Geyer household at night. They were lounging over the living room and drinking while talking about silly things. Liam's parents were both out: his step-dad was working double-shift at the hospital and his mom was over a friend's house watching a rerun of The Bachelor, so the teens had the house to themselves. Jenna knew they were gonna drink, and honestly, she preferred that they drank in the house. At least that way they won't drive while drunk, or get hurt on their way home.

Theo wasn't at home because he was training for his new job. Which brings us to the current conversation:

Corey was the first one to speak, "You know what this little party of ours need? Another handsome chimera but this one with powerful arms." he giggled.

"Yeah, man. Too bad he has to stay late for his training at his new job."

"Although it's a good thing."

Liam smiled dreamily. "Yeah, it is."

Mason and Corey both turned to look at their friend and noticed how his eyes shined as he thought about the chimera. It was pretty obvious to anyone how Liam felt about the chimera, and his expressions just were more proof of it. Like right now and his blue eyes. He looked genuinely happy for Theo.

"Hey, you never got to actually congratulate him, right? I mean, he just sent you a quick text to tell you that he got the job but that was it."

"Yeah. So?"

Suddenly, Liam noticed Corey smiling at him and that sent shivers down his spine.

"Oh, no. That's Corey's 'I have an idea that might get us in trouble' face.'"

Corey kept smiling, "I think you should text him and tell him how happy and proud you are that he got a job."

"No, no. I don't wanna bother him."

"Please, you could never bother him. Especially if you tell him something like that. Which is the truth."

Liam looks at his wolfsbane laced beer, suddenly too quiet to be considered normal for a teenager. He really did wanted to congratulate Theo because the chimera deserves it. He deserves so many things and it's kind of unfair that he doesn't get them.

"Well... I-I suppose I could text him."

Mason claps him on the back with a big smile, "That's the spirit, man!"

The human moves around the room as he tries to look for something. He finally finds it and Liam can see his phone over his best friend's hands.

"Okay. You just tell me what you want to say."

"Okay." Liam takes another sip of his beer as he thinks what he should tell Theo. Maybe something simple and then tomorrow after his shift he will congratulate him in a better way. Yep, that's it. He clears his throat, "'Dear Theo.'"

Mason snorts and starts typing, "'Dear Hottie.'"

"'Congratulations on your recent job offer.'"

"'I want to sex you up. Your love slave, Liam.'"

Liam starts laughing, almost dropping his beer over the floor, "Mase! You can't send him that!"

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why?'? Why would I ever send that to anyone?!"

"Okay, okay, we'll save it for later. Is there something else you would like to tell him?"

"Like what?"

Mason shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe the fact that you like his smile, not his smirks but his rare and genuine smiles? Or that you love the way he's a secretly biology nerd as much as you are a history nerd? Or the fact that you want to have his babies?"