𝗮 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀

•  •  •  •

PEIN

the week had gone smoothly, and the kitchen was cleaner than it had been since the akatsuki took it as their base. it wasn't like you had anything better to do, not being sent on missions, and being punished to clean it for a week anyways. 

pein was sure to check on you everyday, quietly standing in the doorway of the kitchen and observing you for a few minutes before leaving. on the third day, he spoke to you. 

even though it was only a few questions, asking about the cleaning, praising you- although hidden very heavily under his veil of other comments, it was the first time you had a real conversation with him. on the fourth day, he sat down at the table as you cleaned out the icebox, scrunching your nose at the no-good meat you were throwing away. 

by the fifth day, there was very little left for you to do, and pein had remained in the doorway for the duration of your conversation. it had lasted nearly an hour, and you had started cooking your own dinner halfway in. 

you served some of the curry to pein on a plate of rice, turning to make your own plate. for a moment he stared at the steaming food, brows furrowed. as you turned, a full plate of food in your hands, pein was in front of you, towering over you. you held your breath, certain he was going to chastise you or insist you remake his food, but instead he stood still for a moment, his purple ringed eyes staring down at you. after a long moment in silence, he leaned down, brushing his lips against yours slowly. 

your eyes were wide open, stunned at his actions as your heart raced in your chest. before you could question him, you blinked and he was gone, the steaming plate of food remaining at the table, with one bite missing. 

KONAN 

over the course of the past few weeks, after konan had apologized to you, she went out of her way to visit with you when she could, when she wasn't riddled with tedious tasks or assigned on a mission. 

the two of you usually conversated in your medical office, as you were usually organizing or maintaining healing herbs, checking on your little nursery you had started to continue growing plants that would make powerful healing ointments. you had become quite accustomed to seeing her every morning, as well as quite fond of her little origami creations she would leave at your station. 

usually you would talk while cleaning, while konan was quietly folding paper and making the occasional comment. she assured you that it didn't bother her to hear you talk so much, but you couldn't help but ask her a few questions every now and then to give her a chance to share about herself. 

in the short few weeks of this routine, you'd gotten quite close with each other. her presence was calming, and she always found a way to make you smile when you were feeling down. in fact, you had begun to like her a little too much, in your opinion. the erratic beating of your heart did not cease when she placed the paper flower behind your ear. 

she smiled at you gently as the heat rose to your face, stepping closer to you as she gazed into your eyes. "[y/n], can i try something?"

when you nodded in confirmation, she leaned in, both of your eyes fluttering shut as she gently pressed her lips to yours. as she pulled away, she whispered quietly and brushed her thumb over your bottom lip, exiting as you stood and began to process what had just occurred.