Chapter Sixteen: Secrets are out

(Ember's pov)
I woke to light streaming through the window, Damon lay beside me curled up in the sheets. His arm draped over me. I love him so much. My wolf purred in agreement. She loved our mate.

"Morning beautiful" Damon's gruff morning voice made me jump slightly. I kissed him in response. "I love you Ember" he whispered, tracing a finger up my arm. The Sparks and bond flared.

"I love you too, Damon Coleson, but I need to pee and shower so if you wouldn't mind moving you're arm..." I trailed off as I shoved at his arm.

He allowed it to move and I pulled on the robe besides me before picking up my clothes and heading into the bathroom. I showered, dressed, brushed my teeth and dried my hair and put my clothes in the wash basket.

When I exited the bathroom Damon was gone. No doubt to shower and clean up. The bedsheets were clean as I headed down the stairs. I followed the scent of good and saw Damon dishing up bacon and eggs. "You didn't have to cook" I said laughing lightly. He shrugged.

"I'd do anything for you, besides, I needed to get some pack work out of the way and shower" he stated.

"Morning lover wolves!" Nikki hollered as she pranced into the kitchen. I groaned as my cheeks heated up. "Yeah, I know what went down last night. I think the whole pack does by you're scents" she giggled as Damon growled.

"Our scents are mixed? Oh joy!" I exclaimed as I sat at the table with my food. Nikki did the same with Damon's food and smiled sweetly when he scowled and dished himself up a new plate.

"Don't worry I had the same problem when I completed the bond with Riley but then so did Bailey with Rachel. I'm sorry we haven't been around much. Rogue hunting and all. Damon told us about what that rogue said, do you think it's true?" I shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know but why would humans raise me?" I mumbled. "It doesn't make sense." I shocked fitted I my mouth as Nikki though it over.

"Maybe because the rogue King was looking for you so the easiest thing was to pass you off as human? I don't know but I guess we'll find out when we get there" she said. I smelled Bailey as he came down the stairs.

"Morning my sisters" he said and ruffled out hair collectively we both groaned. Nikki growled.

"You do that again and you're going to lose your hand, got it?" She snarled. Bailey gulped and nodded as Damon and I laughed. "Now, get us coffee" she said. Bailey did as he was to of and made Nikki a coffee and me a mocha with cream and marshmallows.

"So, what time we heading out? I'll grab the squad" Bailey said. I laughed.

"After I've seen Damon's parents, I need to introduce myself but it was never the right time." I said.

"Ok, ya ma and da should be at the pack house" Bailey said. I nodded. "I'll take ya after breakfast if ya want?" I shrugged.

"No, I will, you guys should just get the car and snacks ready" Damon said. Bailey rolled his eyes.

"Yes, alpha" he mumbled only to be shot a dark glare by Damon whilst I laughed with Nikki. "I should go.." Bailey mumbled. He stiff and asked from the room expertly avoiding Damon's smouldering gaze.

"Well, I'm going to help Bailey pack snacks, meet me by my river when you're done meeting the parents." We nodded. I washed my plate and put it on the rack.

"We should go" I said and pulled Damon from the kitchen. The pack house was a little way away from mine and Damon's cabin but I didn't really mind. "Race you!" I yelled, I lunged into my shift and gladly allowed my wolf to take over.